Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I am a little confused re the building of my 2nd temple.
I need 1 card of each type already played, but do I also need 1 resource of each type as well?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Jamieson
United States
Purcellville
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you need to pay 1 resource of each type (can substitute 4 gold as usual per resource) for every temple you build, plus you must take into account the card requirement as you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
All Temples cost one of each resource to build.

Additionally, Each Temple (beyond the first) you build requires you to have one of each other building type built.

Your first Temple requires one zero of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
Your second Temple requires two one of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
Your third Temple requires three two of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
etc...

Remember, you may always spend four gold to replace any resource.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave Eisen
United States
Menlo Park
CA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jmathias wrote:

Additionally, Each Temple you build requires you to have one of each other building type built.

Your first Temple requires one of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
Your second Temple requires two of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
Your third Temple requires three of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
etc...

Incorrect. You do not need to build one of each building type prior to building your first temple.

You can build your first temple whenever you want.
Your second temple requires one of each other building type to be built.
Your third temple requires two of each other building type to be built.
And so on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Mathias
United States
Hendersonville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dkeisen wrote:
jmathias wrote:

Additionally, Each Temple you build requires you to have one of each other building type built.

Your first Temple requires one of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
Your second Temple requires two of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
Your third Temple requires three of each other building type to be built in your tableau.
etc...

Incorrect. You do not need to build one of each building type prior to building your first temple.

You can build your first temple whenever you want.
Your second temple requires one of each other building type to be built.
Your third temple requires two of each other building type to be built.
And so on.

Right you are, I updated my post to reflect the correction. That's what I get for rushing to answer a question.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
kred raiders
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the clarification.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Kaufman
United States
West Hills
California
flag msg tools
The rules don't say otherwise, so I just want to make sure I am not missing anything here.

When you construct a temple, you don't get to activate another column. You just build a temple and get the points. Whereas if you build a standard building, you get to activate a column.

I just want to verify this, because I think I was mistakenly taught that you get to activate a column of your choosing when you build a temple. But I couldn't find that in the rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Amick
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
hobbes27 wrote:
The rules don't say otherwise, so I just want to make sure I am not missing anything here.

When you construct a temple, you don't get to activate another column. You just build a temple and get the points. Whereas if you build a standard building, you get to activate a column.

I just want to verify this, because I think I was mistakenly taught that you get to activate a column of your choosing when you build a temple. But I couldn't find that in the rules.

Playing temple cards earns victory points at the end and nothing else. I'm guessing someone confused an offering to Jupiter with playing a temple card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.