Popular Tags: [View All]
Phillip Millman
United States
Potomac
MD
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I played BH2045 four or five times at PrezCon and really enjoyed it (winning all but once) but one thing has been abundantly clear that this game needs and needs badly: Colored baseball meeples.

The runner pawns keep falling over, roll on the floor and don't look like baseball players.

I recommend we convince Meeple Source to design upgraded batters!

Coach Millman
Champion PrezCon '15

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph H. Anderson
United States
Prospect
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Phillip,

Congrats on your victories and glad to hear you are enjoying the game.

The Halma pawns look very good in their red, white and blue and are a classic design that we felt adds to the nostalgia factor for the game.

However, I have to admit, I would love to have some baseball meeples (would these be beeples?) in different running poses for the game! Fast runner in a half crouch ready to run, for example.

Go Wiffle!

Ralph
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quazi Kenshin
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
OPACY
badge
{^,^} meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
When I was a little, I remember going on grocery shopping excursions with my mother.

One of the highlights (aside from getting some candy at the checkout counter) was the bakery department.

Back then, baseball was still America's favorite pastime and it wasn't unusual to find stacks of baseball diamond cakes complete with scoreboards and little plastic players adorning the icing ladened field.

They were about the size of those ubiquitous "green army men." Small cakes only had room for a batter, maybe a pitcher, but I did see a gigantic commissioned cake that featured the full 9 positions plus a batter with 3 men on (of course!).

Darn, I probably had about a dozen of those little guys but threw them out over the years. Nowadays, maybe you can find them on eBay or at a dollar store.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Shirey
United States
Simpsonville
South Carolina
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
you mean these http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam... Looked em up after reading this, sounds about right for what you described!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Dunagan
United States
Clermont
GA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How about this -

For white pawns -

https://www.kaskeykids.com/store/mini-action-figures/mini-pa...

For blue and red pawns -

https://www.kaskeykids.com/store/baseball-action-figures/red...

Too bad they're not all runner stance.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Inquisitive Meeple
United States
Tallahassee
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
The Inquisitive Meeple
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like to see Meeple Source do an upgrade pack, image some humans, cyborgs and robots (meeples) in baseball uniforms.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.