Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher Coey
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted this originally in the expansion section, but that forum doesn't seem to have much activity:

Are we playing this correctly?...

1) When you play a "super villager" card, the card stays on the table in the "build" area as those powers remain in effect the rest of the game? In other words, the card does NOT go into the discard pile?

1b) Specifically, the Super Guard allows me to gain +1 resource for EACH Barbarian in my Barbarian hold for EVERY 'merchant phase' after the build phase in which I built the Super Guard.

2) This makes the Super Worker rather weak (actually, all the other Super Villager cards compared to the Super Guard). Also, there seems to be no point in not discarding the Super Worker card after I build him. Which then means another card could theoretically remove that Super Worker from the discard pile and re-build him, correct? (So the question is, which is it? Do ALL Super Villagers remain on the table after they are built, even though some of the effects are one-time use?)

3) The Poet card says "All players double the number of Barbarians they have using dice of your choice from the bank." I'm assuming that ALL Players also means the player who played the card? And that "your choice" means that the player who played the card chooses the dice for all players (including themselves)?

3b) Using the Poet ability along with the Super Guard (assuming the Super Guard power is persistent) seems really overpowered. It is very possible for the "blue deck" player to get 6 or 8 Barbarians in the hold and therefore gather 6-8 extra resources (3-4 of them also being 'of their choice') in a turn. Couple this with a Super Scout card and they could do this on more than one turn (by bringing back the Poet.) As well, the "blue deck" has multiple "Secret Passage" cards which then become extremely cheap to build for 2 victory points each. So, again, assuming we are playing the above rules correctly, this "combo" has broken our games each time we use the "blue deck". The blue player can easily score over 20 VPs.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.