Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
7 Posts

Cribbage» Forums » Rules

Subject: How does the "go" work... I casnt get my head around it?!?! AARRGH!! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok...not sure why I'm not getting it. shake

How does the one point for "Go" work?

For example... The current count is 27. All I have left is an 8. Unfortunately, this is over 31 so I say "go". My opponent only has an 8 as well so she says "go". Does anyone score 1 point? Do we each score a point.

Another example,(same situation as above) current count is a 27. I only have an 8. I say "go" My opponent this time has 2 Aces. She lays down an Ace and says "28" Does she score 1 point for my "go"? She has another Ace...does she keep going? She lays down her last card, the ace and says "29" Does she score one point for last card? Was this "last card" point the "go" point also?

I hope the above makes sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
1st situation. You say "go". Opponent gets 1 point. Counting starts over at zero. Opponent plays card and says 8. You play 8 for 16. 2 points for the pair. If that was the last card you get a point.

2nd situation. Opponent plays both aces for 3 points. 2 for the pair, 1 for last card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
The first person to say "go" is basically passing and conceding the point. You can also look at it as the last person to play before 31 gets one point. You don't get additional points if you can play cards, and getting 31 gets you two instead of one. Hope THAT made sense.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robb
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Thanks for the quick replies! laugh

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Hindmarch
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Sorry, fast typing. I was wrong in who plays the first 8 in situation #1. You do! Opponent played the last card before you hit "go" YOU play the first 8 and THEY pair it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Duncan
United States
Ithaca
New York
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
My explanation from an earlier thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10927415#10927415
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike James
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
cdunc123 wrote:
My explanation from an earlier thread:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/10927415#10927415

Thanks for the explanation! This is the first explanation of "1 for Go" that has made any sense to me. My wife and I taught ourselves Cribbage about three years ago, and we've always just sort of glossed over this part. It wasn't the scoring that confused us, just know who leads to the next count that did.

Now we can play with more confidence!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.