Recommend
28 
 Thumb up
 Hide
10 Posts

Combat Commander: Pacific» Forums » General

Subject: Just Have To Say - Chad Jensen is a freaking Genius! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played a fair bit of CC Europe, but just started playing CC Pacific. I am into my second scenario, playing C right now. I have just been blown away by the clever design mechanisms incorporated into the Pacific module to bring out the flavor and feel of this theater. This is not CC Europe with different maps, it is a very different animal. The lack of Japanese surrender, the infiltration mechanism and the Banzai/charge feature are just a few examples. I feel like the scenarios are right out of an episode of HBO's The Pacific. In Scenario C it has been amazing to see the Japanese banzai charge and then face massive opp Fire. It has been a bit of a challenge to grasp all the rule changes from CC:E, but man it's worth it!

Chad Jensen...I tip my hat to you sir! Well done!
34 
 Thumb up
1.25
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Salim Khoury
United States
Houston
TX
flag msg tools
Give Grace, Always.
badge
Whatever the mind of man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
atsgamer wrote:
I have played a fair bit of CC Europe, but just started playing CC Pacific. I am into my second scenario, playing C right now. I have just been blown away by the clever design mechanisms incorporated into the Pacific module to bring out the flavor and feel of this theater. This is not CC Europe with different maps, it is a very different animal. The lack of Japanese surrender, the infiltration mechanism and the Banzai/charge feature are just a few examples. I feel like the scenarios are right out of an episode of HBO's The Pacific. In Scenario C it has been amazing to see the Japanese banzai charge and then face massive opp Fire. It has been a bit of a challenge to grasp all the rule changes from CC:E, but man it's worth it!

Chad Jensen...I tip my hat to you sir! Well done!


Yeah, I wish he would release more games. Top 5 designer on BGG whether you like war games or not.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Kiefte
Canada
Dartmouth
Nova Scotia
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Salimo wrote:

Yeah, I wish he would release more games. Top 5 designer on BGG whether you like war games or not.


Not sure if you know, but there are a lot of Chad Jensen games out there that you may not know about. He's done Urban Sprawl which is quite a lot of fun and Dominant Species which is quite novel and entertaining. Dominant Species: The Card Game is strangely addictive.

There's also Fighting Formations: Grossdeutschland Motorized Infantry Division which is turning into a series of games. This is meant for fans of Combat Commander but with tanks. It is a lot heavier than CC though.

I may have missed something, but Chad Jensen is a bit of a game-making machine. They're all very good.
9 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen.

You may be happy to know that there is another Fighting Formations game coming, this time on the US 29th Infantry Division. There's also a small expansion coming for FF-Grossdeutschland. Further, we've been busy at home this past week testing a new light Euro game based loosely on my Urban Sprawl title.

Now, back to the design cave....
32 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
A.T. Selvaggio
United States
Webster
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen.

You may be happy to know that there is another Fighting Formations game coming, this time on the US 29th Infantry Division. There's also a small expansion coming for FF-Grossdeutschland. Further, we've been busy at home this past week testing a new light Euro game based loosely on my Urban Sprawl title.

Now, back to the design cave....


The news about the continuation of the FF series was most welcome indeed! I am looking forward to getting reacquainted with this ruleset.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Baker
United States
Little Rock
Arkansas
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen.

You may be happy to know that there is another Fighting Formations game coming, this time on the US 29th Infantry Division. There's also a small expansion coming for FF-Grossdeutschland. Further, we've been busy at home this past week testing a new light Euro game based loosely on my Urban Sprawl title.

Now, back to the design cave....


Get back to work!! angry

Can't wait to see the new FF stuff.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
vezina99 wrote:

Get back to work!! angry

Sir, Cadet Jensen requests permission to recover from the front leaning rest position!
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allyn Glosser
United States
Antioch
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Chad Jensen wrote:
Thank you for the kind words, gentlemen.

... There's also a small expansion coming for FF-Grossdeutschland. ...

Now, back to the design cave....


Care to expand upon this good news? It will be an immediate pre-order along with the 29th
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chadwik
United States
Santa Rosa
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Allyn, it's being done by a third party. I've seen his preliminary work and it looked very good so I gave him the green light to proceed. Looks like it will end up with a boatload of scenarios (all in 1944, I believe), two new maps and one countersheet of new vehicles and such. I'll have more info when I receive his final submission.
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.