Hide
5 Posts

Formula D» Forums » Rules

Subject: Soft tires penalty when raining rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Pablo Vargas Seguel
msg tools
Hi there, I have a question about something I find very confusing, because it is not clear on the manual, and it has not been discussed in any of the topics I have read yet.

When using soft tires in good weather, the rules are pretty clear: you can use a +1 bonus each turn, the penalty for overshooting is doubled, and bad things happen if you don't go to pits each lap...

But when it is raining, it never says whether or not the penalty for overshooting is 2 or only 1 tire WP per space... It says that after two laps the penalty is trebled, but it doesn't say clearly what happens durign laps 1 and 2.

Rules say:
Quote:
If it is raining, the car travels three spaces further every move during qualifying and the first two race laps, provided at least one space of the move lies within the limits of a corner. If a driver does not change his tires during a pit stop before beginning the third lap, the penalties for overshooting a corner are trebled.

I think the penalty when raining should be obviously 2 tire WP per space, otherwise soft tires would be way better than hard tire: better when sunny, same when raining (except for that pit rule). Am I right? Is there a better redaction of the rule about soft tires?

Thank you, I hope you can tell if I am right or wrong. Bye!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tor Sverre Lund
Norway
Trondheim
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules for using soft tires on wet tracks is similar to dry, but in addition the +1 bonus is lost, so they are utterly useless.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Papageorgiou
Greece
Larisa
Larisa
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Regarding the rulebook of Formula D Gawain has it right.

Although since you mention this
Champol7 wrote:

I think the penalty when raining should be obviously 2 tire WP per space, otherwise soft tires would be way better than hard tire: better when sunny, same when raining (except for that pit rule). Am I right? Is there a better redaction of the rule about soft tires?

You might want to take a look at the older Formula Dé rules, or the Master rules. The soft tires used to work like you mention.

Formula D has simplified a couple points of the older Formula Dé and added the street racing part. Personally I prefer the older rules.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Pablo Vargas Seguel
msg tools
Thank you very much =)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Víctor
Canada
Barcelona
Catalonia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Last weekend I had the same doubt than Champol 7. If when raining you stop counting every space double when losing tires, the soft ones are much better...

Anyway, if I remember properly, in the manual says that soft tires are really bad in wet conditions, so I think that you still should count double... but not it is not clear.

EDIT: Checking in the forum I just found the confirmation that you also apply the x2 to the soft tires when it is raining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.