Subject: Map and play rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Wild
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Tried my first time as a solo game. I just played both sides to get the rules down. The set-up took more time than I expected for 1939. Putting everything on sheets for 1939 and playing from them.

The rivers prevent more than one unit from crossing according to the rules. This is very hard to see on the map when the pieces are on the map. It is critical for France.

I had Italy as an ally on the first turn. This created chaos in the southern part of the game. Sort of a mini-war down there. It was strange to be having huge naval battles with France and Italy.

I am not sure what to do with the Soviets when I was playing. Will have to go over the rules again and try again. I only made it to 1941 on the first game.

The country selection in the rules is actually more rules and you must read them too. I thought they were historical notes--it is the rules for each country.

Played 1939. I think 1941 would be more interesting and easier for a first game. Set-up for 1939 is less clear. Just set up.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luke Hughes

California
msg tools
mbmbmb
Thank you. This is interesting. Just finished the rules and was wondering how would play. The diplomacy rules are very "immediate" , one successful roll and the country is in. The modifier for "rebuff" is intriguing, creating a "push your luck" quality to diplomacy (if you fail your roll as player 1, player 2 gets a drm to convert the target to its side!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.