David Watry
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
Does anyone have PDF scans of the Times Newspapers? I have a scanner but only goes up to 11x17. I measure the one in the new version newspapers as 11-3/4 x 16-1/4 or so. Must be European size. In particular I am looking for the first one, March 12, 1888 but it would be nice to have the whole set (both sides). Hopefully it is not against publishing laws. For my own benefit, not for resale. Original 1981 set would be fine too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwatry wrote:
Does anyone have PDF scans of the Times Newspapers? I have a scanner but only goes up to 11x17. I measure the one in the new version newspapers as 11-3/4 x 16-1/4 or so. Must be European size. In particular I am looking for the first one, March 12, 1888 but it would be nice to have the whole set (both sides). Hopefully it is not against publishing laws. For my own benefit, not for resale. Original 1981 set would be fine too.

It's not against the rules to upload such images, but there is a rule limiting them to 200dpi, or a maximum resolution of 1900 pixels on the long side, whichever is less.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Connell
United States
Newark
Delaware
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
dwatry wrote:

I highly doubt this would be legal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Was George Orwell an Optimist?
United States
Corvallis
Oregon
flag msg tools
Abdullah Ibrahim - African River
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jsc19702 wrote:
dwatry wrote:

I highly doubt this would be legal.

Your post made me go back and re-read what he had said. I responded thinking he meant the newspaper clippings that come with the game (we are in the SHCD folder), but I think you're right and he's talking about actual newspapers, the intellectual property rights for which are almost certainly held by the Times itself.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Watry
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
I'm just talking about the Times newspapers that come with the newer (2011) SHCD game. There is a difference from the 2011 game than the 1980's version. Similar but not quite the same. The old newspaper was in an 8.5x11 booklet and easily scanable. The new newspapers are the size I measured. I might be able to scan the new ones if I shrink it by 10%. I was just wondering if anyone else had done this. Low resolution would have been fine (200dpi). I should be able to do this with a scanner at work. I can always just take a picture of them but sometimes the picture distorts the image.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.