10 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: Help locate a childhood favourite! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Francisco Guerra
msg tools
Help!

I had a game back when I was a kid (between 1980-1990), and I can't for the life of me remember what it was!

It was a space combat game. I remember it had a paper map and cardboard counters. The map was hex-based, if I'm not mistaken. It had a large spaceship/space station type facility in the middle of the map. The counters represented anything from individual boarding parties (I remember the black silhouette of an astronaut with a gun) to large ships.

This is extremely vague, but does anyone have any idea what this might be?

Thank you in advance to anyone who loses time trying to help me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Guerra
msg tools
b a n j o wrote:

Good guess, but no. Far too detailed. The game in question was all paper and cardboard, it had no plastic pieces that I can remember.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Asteroid

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Guerra
msg tools
slatersteven wrote:

Closer, but still no.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Boaty McBoatface
England
County of Essex
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Picopt wrote:
slatersteven wrote:

Closer, but still no.
You sure it had hexes?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Ayre
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a lot to go on, but sounds a bit like one of the games in the Battlegame Book 3: Galactic War
Either Space Pirates that had squares with a planet orbiting a sun in the centre (I seem to remember a little spaceman token, but might be mistaken)
Or Galactic War that used hexes (played this once, but sneezed half way through and the flimsy blue cardboard pieces went everywhere, so had to abandon it!)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Blum
United States
Wilmington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
Maybe Berserker? The map doesn't have a large object printed on it, but the Berserker is made from large counters which I think will generally be in the middle. There are counters for ships and also counters for boarding parties, which can be seen here:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Herb
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
added to geeklist Stump the Chumps@BGG! which has other requests for game identification help as [listitem=3765064]List item #43[/listitem]

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Francisco Guerra
msg tools

Thank you to all who helped, a friend of mine on Facebook successfully identified it.

It's name in Portuguese - where I bought it - is 'Guerra dos Planetas' (War of the Planets), edited in 1981 by Circulo dos Leitores and produced by Frenesim.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.