Eldritch Horror: Mountains of Madness» Forums » Rules

Subject: Unique Asset: Sacrifices to Make rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Henrik Clausen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Hi,

The Unique Asset Card: Sacrifices to Make (#2) confuses me.

The back reads:

"Completing the ritual, you sence a great weight lifted from your soul. A new chapter in your story begins now.

Resolve each effect that applies based on the number og Health on this card.

1+: You may discard 1 Condition of your choice.

2+: Gain 1 Boon Condition

3+: Gain a Blessed Condition

Then discard this card.

My questions are as follows: - the only Boon Condition I can find in the deck is the "Blessed Condition". So the benefit from 2+ and 3+ seems identical. Am I missing anything? (Ofcourse if futher Boon cards will be added to the deck in future expansions - I see the variance - but for now it seems the same)

Further does "resolve each effect" mean that, if you e.g. have 3 Health tokens on the card when it is flipped, you solve both "1+ You may discard 1 condition of your choice" and "2+ Gain 1 Boon Condition". I have only used the card once, and only allowed it to have one effect.

Thanks people!

Happy gaming!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris J Davis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Overtext pending moderation...
mbmbmbmbmb
The BOON thing is just to future-proof the card for upcoming expansions.

Yes, you resolve all effects if you have 3 health tokens on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Henrik Clausen
Denmark
flag msg tools
Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Probst
Germany
Kiel
Schleswig Holstein
flag msg tools
Right now this means that 3+ will flip the Blessing received for 2+, but later on we might get other Boons. (edit fixed numbers )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If an investigator dies while they have some Health tokens on this asset, can the next investigator that picks it up continue where the first investigator left off?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey Botkin
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
If an investigator dies while they have some Health tokens on this asset, can the next investigator that picks it up continue where the first investigator left off?

yes, pretty sure this is answered in the faq you should check it out

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysiek Domański
Poland
Wrocław
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Yes, they can.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Xelto G
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Umulius wrote:
My questions are as follows: - the only Boon Condition I can find in the deck is the "Blessed Condition". So the benefit from 2+ and 3+ seems identical. Am I missing anything? (Ofcourse if futher Boon cards will be added to the deck in future expansions - I see the variance - but for now it seems the same)

As others mentioned, there is a second boon condition in one of the expansions, and there's a reasonable chance we'll see more down the road. It specifies them in the way it does so that you can gain a blessing, then flip it, right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.