Star Wars: X-Wing Miniatures Game» Forums » General

Subject: What to buy? Scum related rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel Blue
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
I am torn on what if anything to buy in the new scum faction. I am mainly an imperial player that sticks to either phantom mini swarm, phatom decimator or some niche phantom interceptor lists. I play rebel occasionally and normally go with like xxbb or bbbbz. I don't see me actually playing scum right now but I play in a local league and some local Tournies that require you to have the actual cards. So do any of these new cards significantly help the common lists I play? It might be to early to tell but any opinion is welcomed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Bush
United States
West Decatur
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
At all cost
badge
"Some fights will just get you bloody"
mbmbmbmbmb
Starviper has 2 autothrusters
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:

Yeah, kind of a day one for me, as soon as my FLGS get's it. Followed by the S&V expansion box. Gives me enough to play S&V and boosts interceptors and A-wings for me

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guido Gloor
Switzerland
Ostermundigen
Bern
flag msg tools
The statement below is false.
badge
The statement above is correct.
mbmbmbmbmb
DanielFirestorm wrote:

...which might well make Interceptors no longer niche again, IMHO.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Blue
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Autothrusters do seen awesome and other opinion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TheBlueOne37 wrote:
Autothrusters do seen awesome and other opinion?

My scientific opinion after trying them out once (so, totally legit): They are pretty excellent and I feel like they make my preferred built of at least 2 Interceptors a lot more viable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dane Turner
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Depending on your B-wing lists, you may want to pick up an M3-A or two. Each one comes with a Mangler, Flechette, and Ion Cannon. The Mangler looks to be especially useful, though moreso on the Outrider.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:
Depending on your B-wing lists, you may want to pick up an M3-A or two. Each one comes with a Mangler, Flechette, and Ion Cannon. The Mangler looks to be especially useful, though moreso on the Outrider.

Dunno, unless your Pilot comes with an ability that gives benefits to secondary weapon attacks I think the 4 points for a Mangler is a bit much for just turning a hit into a crit.
IMO it is more worth it for ships with a natural 2 Attack dice.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian Ebeling
Germany
Schleswig
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danishdonut wrote:

But also on Ten Numb (and Kath Scarlett, but you don't seem to fly Firespray lists).

chrisdk wrote:
Dunno, unless your Pilot comes with an ability that gives benefits to secondary weapon attacks I think the 4 points for a Mangler is a bit much for just turning a hit into a crit.

It also negates the additinal defense die at range 3, because it is a secondary weapon. That alone might not be worth 4 points, but paired with Ten (or Kath or Krassis) it is getting more valuable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris K.
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
prokto wrote:

chrisdk wrote:

It also negates the additinal defense die at range 3, because it is a secondary weapon. That alone might not be worth 4 points, but paired with Ten (or Kath or Krassis) it is getting more valuable.

Hence my caveat about Pilots with benefits for secondary weapon attacks. I am personally not a big fan of Ten and Kath, but of course they would also gain some more use out of manglers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Chadwick

Charlotte
North Carolina
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was also looking out for Accuracy Corrector system for when the Tie Advanced fix comes out. Those are located in both the IG-2000 and the Starviper. One in each.

M3-A Intercpetors are great for the Mangler Cannons, but I'm also happy to use them anyways. Lots of people want to take swarms of them or cannon platforms, but I just see them as an upgraded Tie Fighter. Take a few to fill out your lists.

Also, one Most Wanted and a couple of the others will give you a lot of ships to play a S&V list, too. I wasn't going to buy into S&V until I saw that. Most Wanted was $25 online and then I wanted the other upgrades. It wasn't long and I've got enough for a bunch of S&V lists.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.