Popular Tags: [View All]
maarten lecleir
Belgium
Stabroek
Belgium
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I had some problems with the rules in my dutch manual, especially because the rule didn't match the example...

Look at the difference between rule 1 (manual) and rule 2 (found on BBG, hopefully from the english manual)

rule 1 (translated from dutch to english)
The owner of the Province earns 5 Points. If there is more then one province with the highest number of pyramids, the number of building blocks in the province is counted. If there is still a tie, the points are divided among the tied players, rounded down.

rule 2
The owner of the Province earns 5 Points. If there is more than one Province with the highest number of Pyramids, the number of Building Blocks in the Province is counted. If there is still a tie, then all tied players receive 5 Points each.

If you look at the example in the manual, you can see that...

in rule 1, the blue player would get 7 points and the white player 2.

in rule 2, the blue player would get 10 points and the white player 5.

The difference in those rules gives a twist to the strategy, because in situation 2 it's "alright to tie, because you get 5 points anyway", in situation 1, "you don't want to tie, because then you only get 2 points instead of 5".

Is there someone who can get an official explanation? (perhaps the translation from the german source...)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Faulkner
United Kingdom
Banstead
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
5 points for everybody with the most pyramids in a province on each side of the river.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pardoe
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Rule 2 - 5 Points each.

This is also the implementation online at SpielByWeb.com

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko L
Finland
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
And it's important to remember that one player can only get 5 points once from each side of the river. I once had three pyramids in all my provinces on one side of the river. Nobody else had more than three pyramids, yet I only got 5 points for having the most pyramids.

On the other hand, you can get the 5 points twice, if you have the most pyramids in one province on both sides of the river. It's not too common, but it may happen.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moisés Solé
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure? In the Scoring summary cards that come with my game it says:
Province with the most pyramids
each province 5 points.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Collierville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
withness, my english rules don't say anything about dividing and rounding down. It's 5 points for everyone in the tie.

And referee, in the rules it says the 'for the player with the province', not the province itself. So in cpsof95's example it's just 5 points for him on each side. I agree the summary card is misleading.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.