Roll for the Galaxy» Forums » Variants

Subject: Viable Game Night Variants rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mighty Rauros
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Introduced some visiting friends to Roll this past week and, while it was their favorite new game("Let's just focus on this one for the rest of the week," my friend said to his wife), I thought of some ways to add even a bit more thematic flavor to the game.

Full-Contact Roll
During the roll phase, throw your dice at an opponent. The last dice to hit them in the eye counts as your phase selection.

King of the Hill (for FLGS use)
During the roll phase, shake your cup in the ears of players sitting at tables around you. Stopping the flow of another board game grants one victory point per round.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Loren Cadelinia
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jrsinor wrote:
Introduced some visiting friends to Roll this past week and, while it was their favorite new game("Let's just focus on this one for the rest of the week," my friend said to his wife), I thought of some ways to add even a bit more thematic flavor to the game.

Full-Contact Roll
During the roll phase, throw your dice at an opponent. The last dice to hit them in the eye counts as your phase selection.

King of the Hill (for FLGS use)
During the roll phase, shake your cup in the ears of players sitting at tables around you. Stopping the flow of another board game grants one victory point per round.

I think that Full-contact Roll may give players with glasses or sunglasses a HUGE advantage. At the very least, it would definitely slow down the game in a 2 player game.

For King of the Hill, depending how big your FLGS is, I think this variant might break the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christian K
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
During the roll phase, shake your cup in the ears of players sitting at tables around you

We already do this to the other players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.