Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well my first session report and at the end a little thoughts about the game and what should added/changed in my opionion.

A reminder to all people who are not fully grown age to drink alcohol, please dont take this post as an advice to use alcohol with games. Dont drink and drive anyway!

Games played so far: 4

I will write down the first round we played, because it was the most fun and most depressing(in a good way) at the same time, 2 players.
I bought for a buddy and me a bottle "Poison Hydra" with 60% Acid and 15% not known liquid they call alc in the northlands.

I said: "Lets go into the dungeon, for loot, and nothing more then loot!"
So we choosed each, one hero, he took Lindel, i choosed Hugo.
I declared rules for the Poison to take, "you die, you drink! and gain 5LP back. You get loot from the dragon, you drink! You win a fight with a monster you drink!"

Well my hopes the Bottle went empty in a short amount of time was high.

So Hugo stept in with the same attitude, instead of liquor, he wanted loot. First round he went to the right, only to step in a Room with nothing more then walls. Huurrray... wait, was this the end, "should i he go back to his tavern?" "Noooo!" He was furios and heated up for some challenges.
So he search the room, nothing, ok next direction and tada a bridge, his heavy is his weak point, but somehow he managed to walking to the other side. Left or Right, ok left side! He walked until he came again to a room for nothing. Some nerves got cracked on in his head, a very boring dungeon, he used his hands to examine the room and found a switch *click* a secret door opened to the neighbor room he already visited. Ok this time the right way! *louder walking steps*. In the next room a Door was standing in front of him. He tried to open it, nothing, she was closed. Then he tried it by force, he was running fast with his shield against it, only to bump back like a rubber ball. His face went red and he became angry, he stomped to the door wanted to rip apert this old wood and metal with his sword, in the moment his blade reached the wood, the door opened and he fell again, in the next room....

At the same time Lindel was walking around searching rooms, found some potions, and went to the catacombs, he said to himself "i dont have to worry, this run until now is so easy, what could go wrong now?". He stepped down, darkness and small tunnels. 1 Hour, then 2 Hours, nothing yikes, a spider bit him and it itched. His vision began to blurr and he was not feeling well. Then he stumbled on some spikes it was a trap, but somehow he was strong enough to walk throug it. "Phew, that was close", he wanted to walk to the next corridor until he bumped into a big red thing, he couldnt see a really cleary until he used his torchlight ,only to see a big demon that was not amused to get faceburned... "ahhhh" he was running for his life, the demon almost catched him, but let only behind a scar on arm. "Man i am really lucky.."

On the upper level Hugo was getting his eyes in his head together after the fall through the door. He found a corpse lying there, put his sword on to see if there is something useful. "Hey!!!!" sounded it from the corpse. Hugo asked back "What o.O ?" . The Voice said "I am trying to take a nap here and you use your filthy sword to pick on me, lets if you can use it for something else too". A Sceleton appeared behind the corpse and was angry (who would not be angry, when he get wake up by some stranger?...). It was a short fight, the bony- guy was maybe a talker, but not a fighter. 2 Swings and it fell apart "whyyy, do you know how long it takes to fit all parts together again?!!!?"
Hugo walked away , as he was thinking "what an annoying guy, maybe thats why he became dead in the first place".
He came to a dark room, nothing to worry about, but when he went inside, it was pitchblack,he tried to walk with his hands to find a way out, only to get outside the same entrance he came from *sigh* , he turned around and walked in again only.... "again? how i am supposed to find anything in this cursed dungeon?!" We can see hugo was not a man of luck...

Lindel walked for some hours, not knowing what will happen next, at the corner of some wall he saw a small flickering light of a torch, coming from above. "Yeeees" he was running, ignoring the all his wounds and the pain. He tried to get up, but his arms and legs didnt worked well together, he fell over and over gain. Then after the 5th try, he finally went to the upper floor. After he was standing on his feets, he was blended by the glimmering and twinkling amounts of gold, diamonds and treasures that layed before him. He found the legendary Dragonchamber. He walked slowly to the chamber and watched at the red big dragon that was slumbering some meters away from him. He was filled with fear and respect and so he decided only to take some small bags that were laying at the entrance (some 1200G ~) and was thinking: "Lets go as fast as possible out of here!". As he was walking he stumbled about a big piece of rock, smashed his face on the ground with a bloody nose *aargh*. He wanted to throw or punch this rock, but as he went angry up with his face , the big Rock moved, it was a Golem (Lindel had only 2 LP left). He got pushed back, he just wanted to go out of this hell. The Golem was not amused, and was swinging his big Arms around, crumbling the room around Lindel. (what now follows is the Drinking rule so that my Buddy killed the Golem^^'), Lindel got hit by the crushing surroundings, he almost fainted, but then he took a potion with mysterious runes on it. He felt in an instant stronger and better than before. The Golem not stopping to destroy the room walked towards him. Lindel was running for his life, he circled around him and noticed, that the room was hold by some strong woodpillars. After 2 hard punches against the walls from the golem, Lindel jumped backwards in the next room, while the Golem got crushed by the room and got buried under it....

Hugo somehow went through the darkness, this was hi unluckiest day ever, after this black room, his torch got blown off by the wind. It took him some time to lit his torch again. As walked without a clue where he was, from room to room, until he came to an dead end with rocks, he tried to climb over it, but he was too clunky and not flexible for it, but there was it, behind the rocks he could see some glimmering of GOLD! Maybe his luck was to an end, he decided to go back hopefully to get out in time. The old scripts said, "This dungeon will open every yearh once when the sun is at its highest points and closing when the sun goes down for another year!" , he move through all the rooms he previously visited. At the room with the Bridge, he fell and hurted his legs...

Lindel walked faster es he feared not to get out in time, he climbed over walls, used spinning rooms and doors, went to left and right side. But nothing helped,he was desorientated. Confused where to go now he heard a big sound of stone pressing together.

The dungeon closed with a big *clooonghh*. Lindel and Hugo found their ends here.
But next year, maybe again some strong willed heroes will strife for loot and fame here and maybe find the last parts of Lindel and Hugo to loot them!

In summary i was really unlucky to walked in a snaketrail of rooms before the dragons chamber and my rolls for test went in stupid hights, double sixes and so on. My buddy was unlucky because of some cards and secret doors, 2 tiles away from the exit he also got stucked in dungeon.

I am really sorry for my english, hope its not such a pain in the eye^^.

Reflecting the Game so far(+4 Games):
THe Combat system is pacing out the flow of the game.
Also to read first time the rules was not helping to keep the speed.
Housrules where invented "2 Actions per Turn" , to make it faster and impulsive:
Great game in all aspects. Its a great fun and i hope we will find other people to play it with us.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex F
Israel
Ashdod
Negev
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We don't like the combat cards either. What we do is just use the solo rules for inflicting wounds in combat.

So you just roll dice:

1-2 you suffer 1 wound
3-4 you and the monster both suffer 1 wound
5- the monster suffers 1 wound
6- the monster suffers 2 wounds

It's much quicker this way.

Dungeonquest is indeed a great game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah i figured out something faster and more simple. We decided yesterday to use RockPaperScissor to make it easier. I plan to work in new Heroes with extra rules (there is a file V1.4 iam reading) like "daggercard" and so on

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.