Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just got a pile of data packs and deluxe expansions off Amazon on the cheap so I've been deck building over the last couple days. I thought Andromeda looked very powerful right away (arguably better than Gabe) so I thought I'd try and scumbag as hard as possible with Account Siphon. I know, I'm an original snowflake like that.

Here's what I have been testing so far

Total Cards: (45)

Identity:
1x Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event: (21)
3x Quality Time (Humanity's Shadow) ■ ■ ■
3x Account Siphon (Core)
2x Deja Vu (Core) ■■ ■■
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
2x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
2x Inside Job (Core)
3x Legwork (Honor and Profit)
3x Planned Assault (Honor and Profit)

Hardware: (6)
3x Desperado (Core)
3x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)

Program: (11)
2x Alias (Honor and Profit)
2x Corroder (Core) ■■ ■■
1x Crypsis (Core)
3x Datasucker (Core) ■ ■ ■
1x Femme Fatale (Core)
2x Passport (Honor and Profit)

Resource: (7)
2x Armitage Codebusting (Core)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Same Old Thing (Creation and Control)

Comments and suggestions are always welcome.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks good. Most run a similar build, depending on what you have.

Personally, I would drop the Quality Time and 1 Datasucker and add 2x RDI or Maker's Eye. Multi access R&D is very important. Use John Masanori or Earthrise Hotel for draw. Also, I'd drop the Planned Assualt for more econ or other Criminal rin events. 3x Daily Casts or 1x Inside Job, 1x ES ans 1x Armitage. Lastly, you could drop to 2x plascrete and replace it with something else.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Planned Assult brings a lot of consistency to the deck.

being able to tutor up and slam an inside job early makes for a pretty decent way to deny Blue Sun their cheese opener.

They Wall/Oversight AI. You Planned Assult, Inside Job, Emergency Shutdown them.

Because event heavy crim can really run out of steam, I am a pretty big fan of being able to refill my hand quickly. I tried Mr. Li but it just didn't fit with taking tags from account siphon.

RDI is a great call and one I have also thought about. I like it far more than Makers Eye as it hangs around and you can stack more than 1. The cost to continual value make it very attractive. Makers Eye seems like a waste of influence as criminals have better events to play.

Daily Casts is solid and somewhat better than Armitage IMO.

Plascreate matters where I am playing. It matters a whole lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hopkins
United Kingdom
Edinburgh
Midlothian
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If I'm not mistaken, you're at 14 influence? Have you thought about dropping in a single copy of Mimic? It's a great call against stuff like Architect which is hugely popular at the moment!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
A traditional Andy deck needs RDIs but for a hardcore Siphon recursion version which this is supposed to be I think Deja Vu is a perfectly valid call. You're draining enough money that R&D runs should be cheap and you can make do with single accesses to focus on your main gameplan. I'm not saying it's as good as classic Andy but it's a reasonable idea.

I would ditch the planned assaults, with all those Quality Times they seem unnecessary and there's one notable absence - Security Testing. You need some non-Siphon econ and Kati will never survive you being tagged. If the Corp trashes security testing it's just another tax and it's the only real way for Andy to keep up with NEH. Armitage can probably go too after that, which frees up room for -1 Corroder +1 Breach +1 Mimic +1 Yog. Yog isn't dead, don't believe the hype. It still does tons of work in a lot of games, and without Mimic 3 strength sentries are costing you 3+ to break. 4 for Architect? No thanks. With 2 Deja Vu and 3 Same Old Thing you can live with singleton breakers without any real worries so spread your influence over the best.

Edit: Hadn't noticed the 14 influence. I'd be extremely tempted to ditch the quality times and pick up 2 parasites... I've never really played much/any card draw in Andy and it's done fine for me, but I know some people strongly disagree.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Vapo wrote:
A traditional Andy deck needs RDIs

Can you explain this to me?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
unitled wrote:
If I'm not mistaken, you're at 14 influence? Have you thought about dropping in a single copy of Mimic?

Yes. I think I'd sooner run Faerie as it is strictly better in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil G
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
OathSworn wrote:
Vapo wrote:
A traditional Andy deck needs RDIs

Can you explain this to me?

The main route to beating a lot of corp decks, especially Fast Advance decks that don't ever leave agendas installed during your turn, has always been R&D locking them - that is seeing everything the corp draws (especially with their mandatory draw) before they do, so they have no chance to draw an agenda and score it straight out of hand. Generally speaking the easiest way for Andromeda to achieve this is with R&D Interface - if you see 2 cards every time you run the lock is much stronger. It's extremely hard to beat fast advance decks unless you can either stop them drawing agendas or keep them rigidly on 0 credits. Given how hard it is to keep a corp on 0 for any length of time, the usual way for Andromeda to deal with this sort of deck is R&D lock, but since you're going for hardcore siphon recursion I don't think it's necessarily crucial for your gameplan. I think you'll find being so focussed on credit denial isn't quite as strong a plan overall but it should be a fun and reasonably viable build.

Edit: just saw your last post. You want Mimic AND Faerie. Faerie is great, but a few single use breakers is nowhere near enough, Alias doesn't cover everywhere and is quite expensive to use and Femme is just too expensive and slow to get out for some games. A lot of decks are running 3 architect right now and you have no answer to that which isn't limited use or too expensive for repeated breaks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the rest of my cards have arrived I have switched to a wildly different deck. Not only does this deck include what I believe to be a much better breaker suite than the last I was playing, but it also features significantly better econ and has a strong focus on multi-access.

El-Ad David Amir played this very deck at 2013 words and managed to take it to 7th place! Nothing to sneeze at! I was shocked to discover my choices for my new deck and his were so close. With his being a little better than mine, I opted to make the minor changes and just play this list instead.

I had 1 more siphon, 1 more emergency shutdown and no Zu.13 (I was playing passport instead) no data dealer and less sneakdoor beta. I also played crash space over plascreate.

Total Cards: 45
Total Influence: 15

Identity
Andromeda: Dispossessed Ristie (Humanity's Shadow)

Event (12)
3x Sure Gamble (Core Set)
3x Special Order (Core Set)
1x Inside Job (Core Set)
1x Emergency Shutdown (Cyber Exodus)
3x Dirty Laundry (Creation and Control)
1x Account Siphon (Core Set)

Hardware (11)
3x R&D Interface (Future Proof) •• •• ••
2x Plascrete Carapace (What Lies Ahead)
3x HQ Interface (Humanity's Shadow)
3x Desperado (Core Set)

Icebreaker (8)
1x ZU.13 Key Master (What Lies Ahead) ••
1x Yog.0 (Core Set) •
1x Mimic (Core Set) •
1x Femme Fatale (Core Set)
3x Faerie (Future Proof)
1x Corroder (Core Set) ••

Program (6)
3x Sneakdoor Beta (Core Set)
3x Datasucker (Core Set) • • •

Resource (8)
3x Security Testing (Honor and Profit)
2x Kati Jones (Humanity's Shadow)
1x Data Dealer (Core Set)
2x Daily Casts (Creation and Control)

I'm still not entirely convinced that Data Dealer is really the bee's knees. I see how it can have value in certain match-ups and all, but I think it'll be the first thing I cut going forward. I also don't hate crash space. I liked crash space a bit more than plascreate, personally. I might make that change depending on what seems to show up a lot. I understand that plascreate is a safer option than crash space, but crash space has more usefulness than hard countering 1 card.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Nunes
United States
Fresno
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A very good set-up. It's definitely different then the Siphon Sapm deck you posted earlier. I have some additional thoughts on this new build.

I normally lean towards Legwork over HQI. I feel that a surprise Legwork tends to catch the corp off guard. Granted, if you still intend to run Sneakdoor, than HQI is better. But, I think 3x is overkill.

Data Dealer is great, if your expect Shi Kyu or Domestic Sleepers. It's usage is minimal at best.

Security testing is amazing, especially if you add John Masanori. Click for 3x credits and a card. Some of the best click compression in the game.

Here's my current decklist for Andy Sucker. Hope it adds some fresh thoughts.

-- Event (20 cards)
3 Account Siphon
3 Dirty Laundry
3 Emergency Shutdown
3 Inside Job
2 Legwork
3 Special Order
3 Sure Gamble
-- Hardware (7 cards)
3 Desperado
2 Plascrete Carapace
2 R&D Interface
-- Program (10 cards)
2 Corroder
3 Datasucker
3 Faerie
1 Gordian Blade
1 Mimic
-- Resource (8 cards)
2 Daily Casts
2 Earthrise Hotel
2 Kati Jones
2 Same Ol Thing

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gallagher
Canada
Peterborough
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like your deck a lot. The lack of Femme Fatal sort of irks me a bit though. There is some ICE you just can't handle with your breaker list.Seems like you are putting a lot of eggs in the data sucker basket, which leaves you open to a well timed purge. I both understand and respect the leg work. The concept with my deck was continual value over loading up on 1 shot events. Yes, you get the surprise factor which is a whole thing on to itself, though you lack the repeated value that HQI brings. I just value consistency and high return on my precious credits spent.

I don't play account siphon because having to also manage the tags turns it in to a "4 credits, 3 clicks make 6 credits and lose 2 tags" play. I've also ran in to the annoying situation where they just toss their credits in to their SanSan or whatever to deny me my gains. Now I am down an action and a card and they are still on their path. Grrr...

I don't want to make it easier for them to scorch/closed accounts me. I hate dying to that damn card. I hate that it is in the eternal card pool and never going away. The sadness I feel is real concerning this. Always having to keep it in mind and run horrible cards like plascreate carapice that do NOTHING other than MAYBE counter is just slays my fun and adds clunk to my deck. End rant.

What is the benefit of Gordion Blade over say...Zu.13 Keymaster? Could you not save on influence and just play ghost buster?

I'm seriously jealous that you have Earthrise Hotels. I'm just about done collecting the spin cycle now then I'll be grabing Order & Chaos and starting in to the lunar cycle. There's only so much money at a time. I mean yeah LCGs are *more* affordable than magic but damn...they sure do still cost a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls