5 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Game Groups » Europe » England

Subject: Boardgame group in Plymouth, Devon rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: meetup [+] boardgames [+] groups [+] plymouth [+] [View All]
ryan richards
msg tools
Hi all,
I'm looking for any board game players or groups in the Plymouth area. We currently there are 4 of us who get together on a Sunday evening to play a host of diffrent games but are intrested in finding or starting up a group that enables us to play an even wider variety of games.
We are new to the joys of adult board gaming and have varying skills between us (me being by far the worst lol) But the main thing we want from this is a sense of fun and a wee bit of compitition .
if anyone is intrested in starting something up or knows of anything that exists please feel free to respond.
thank you for taking the time to read this post.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Westrope
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Hi rich,
There is a group that meets in Ivybridge every other Thursday, which is only 20mins from plymouth.

We play a range of games from gateway (entry) to more complex stuff, from cutthroat to cooperative and from euro to amerit(h)rash. Between us have quite a repertoire of games.

We are currentLy meeting in the duke of Cornwall pub at 6ish, starting a bigger game at 7. Also there is curry and a pint for £5.99 I think it was.

Tom

Edit: I should have said that there are four or five regulars and we have had a few more at times. Plenty of space to fluctuate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nicholls
msg tools
Hi, (read to the end for big news)
I was running a group at Cafe Prime on Thursday nights, but staffing has meant that we can't do it at the moment. It was call The Games Repository, we have a Facebook group and page. I want to get it up and going again, as soon as we can, or move it to another night if we have to.

There is a group that meets on Mondays at Carpe Diem, that's just 'Games Night @ Carpe' for their Facebook page.

I'm always up for gaming so hit me up any time, I want a reason to play a lot more.

But I am part of organising a games day for International Tabletop Day on the 11th of April. The best link I can give you is the Kickstarter page, we're funded to run from 12noon till 6pm at the moment, but with a bit more cash we can go until 11pm.
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/2129958704/the-event-wi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Freeman
United Kingdom
Exeter
Devon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
There's a meet up on, er, meetup that have regular meetings too

http://www.meetup.com/Plymouth-BoardGames-Meetup/
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Cooper
United Kingdom
Taunton
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Ryan

I'm not down your way (I'm in Taunton), but I thought you might find this interesting: Spring Gaming Day - Crediton, Devon - 25th of April 2015 . I went to the Winter event, which was a modest affair in an adequate setting but I'll be going again as I had a fun time meeting new people and playing new games.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.