Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff M
United States
Lafayette
California
flag msg tools
mb
Having a hard time trying to figure out which components come with which printing.
I see listings for "2nd printing" showing a game box with the 2004 date on it, but stating it comes with the mounted map board (which I thought came with the 2010 second printing...unless purchased separately)....no mention of the 5th player expansion.

The GMT web site however notes the:
"2010 Reprint" adds a "mounted mapboard, thicker counters and the 5th player expansion"...and I see the photo of the box top with "2010 Second Printing" that looks to be a lighter red than the 2004 labeled boxes.

Do some 2004 labeled boxes come with the mounted maps, and 5th player expansion? Am I correct in that the Carthaginians are the "5th player" expansion?
Were there two "second printings", one in 2004, the other in 2010?
What are the differences between the 2004 and 2010 versions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Randolph
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From memory, the current 2010 edition comes with the mounted map board and the 5th player expansion, Carthage as a separate player-power.

Buy the 2010 edition. You can buy the 2004 4-player version and then purchase the 5th player expansion, I think it's still available from GMT, or, you can probably find it pretty cheaply on eBay.

I still recommend the 2010 edition, better quality components, and there's no substitute for the mounted map board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.