Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alex Brock
United States
Killeen
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
So I'm making an image for a mat that can accommodate up to a 6 player game in Argent.

Here's what I have mapped out for it and was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for the placement of the zones on it, before I start adding the frills.

http://imgur.com/tSKtyGu
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gregory Auld
United States
Windsor
California
flag msg tools
Smile!
badge
Smile!
mbmbmbmbmb
How big is this mat supposed to be?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brock
United States
Killeen
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
3 feet by 3 feet
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quazi Kenshin
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
OPACY
badge
{^,^} meow.
mbmbmbmbmb
Wow, that's pretty organized!

My only worry is that a 3x3 mat is a pretty inflexible chunk of table real estate once you get to round 4/5 of a 3 player game, never mind a 6 player variant (if you're ever brave/patient/crazy enough to attempt that).

Every game I've played so far has required late-game rearrangement of the table in order to make room for each person's sprawling tableau of spells, supporters, treasures and consumables.

In addition, some location tiles may require additional space on occasion for special events.

Of course, if you've got a massive gaming table, then I'm fretting over nothing and you're in good shape!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brock
United States
Killeen
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
Thank you very much!

Well the intent of the mat is just for the non-office areas of the game, so the answer to that would be more table space in the other way. Does that answer that concern? I mean I know that's not really a good answer, but I'm not sure how a mat would deal with that.

What events require more space on the rooms?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guy Mandersaun
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
I think the issue with the mat is that typically with this game maximizing space means working around the size of the university, and here you are stuck with the maximum space set aside already.

What if you created the mat to sit beside a 3 tile length university, have it as a little attachment, or maybe 2 mats, 1 for each side?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Brock
United States
Killeen
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
I'm constrained by the sizes inkedplaymats uses. If I made separate mats for each set of 3 rooms with the smallest possible mat it would rapidly increase the size of the play area. Also the mats are only one sided.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.