Subject: Farren Riots rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wasn't sure how to play this card the last time I played. Does it also apply to the grey conductor tokens? The rules imply that the grey tokens should always be available, but the Farren Riots tell you to remove the top tokens (of that era) from the game.

My guess is that it's tough luck and can usually be avoided. (I had to flip a card and automatically resolve it, or I would have done my best to dodge it.)

Or are the gray tokens exceptions?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
In the back of the rules, in the card list, under Ferren Riots, it will tell you that you wouldn't remove the grey tokens.

Hope that helps,
Ken
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phillip James
msg tools
It's amazing how many people (including myself at times) who forget about or miss that section.

There should be an FAQ released just to remind folks about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! Yeah, I completely forgot that section was in there. I was looking all over and finally guessed to keep the game going.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, if this card comes out late in a stage, when all the tokens have been taken, save the grey conductor, it's a paper tooth tiger? (e.g. doesn't do anything?)... odd design choice.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken Dilloo
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
Everything is relative to perception, and your perception is limited.
badge
The Ginger Ninja
mbmbmbmbmb
Anarchosyn wrote:
So, if this card comes out late in a stage, when all the tokens have been taken, save the grey conductor, it's a paper tooth tiger? (e.g. doesn't do anything?)... odd design choice.

Why odd? Events/cards with varying effect, depending on board state, seems pretty staple to co-op type genre. It's variance. Same as if a lot/not a lot of red events come out, than expected.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.