Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What is the priority of contributions on the meeting hall when resoving ties. In a 4 player game, it is possible to have a 2,2,1,1 tie that does not involve the first contribution, and besides, I'm not that sure what contribution is first.

Possible orders:
1. Brown, Blue, Red, Black, Yellow, Gray.
2. Brown, Gray, followed by bottom row.
3. Bottom row first (blue-yellow) then brown and gray.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew M
United States
New Haven
Connecticut
flag msg tools
admin
8/8 FREE, PROTECTED
badge
513ers Assemble!
mbmbmbmbmb
The most intuitive answer, IMO, is that the contributions start with brown and circle around to grey and that the player with the left-most contribution among those tied for first gets the master builder reward.

-MMM
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Octavian wrote:
The most intuitive answer, IMO, is that the contributions start with brown and circle around to grey and that the player with the left-most contribution among those tied for first gets the master builder reward.

-MMM

I agree, and that is the way I've explained it. It is not much of a problem if you simply state that brown has priority, as most ties will have one of the tied players having made the brown contribution.

I'm just fishing for an "official" answer. Or at least one from Chris ...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Maywalt
United States
Medford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Yes I believe it is the player with the most contibutions and in the case of a tie it is the player with the left most contribution, so on this building the Brown contribution.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Allen Doum
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It occurs to me that in keeping with the theme, the three "elemental" colors might be first. That would make option 3, above, more correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sascha Hoppe
Germany
Braunschweig / City of Lions
flag msg tools
mbmb
"When there is a tie, the player that made the leftmost contribution wins the master builder award" does not make sense to me in this case at all.

All other tiles support this rule because the leftmost spot also has the highest cost. This is not the case with the meeting hall.

My rule would be, if there is a tie noone wins the master builder award.

The rule for the normal tiles concerning the "leftmost" contribution is confusing anyway. They could have as well said, when there is a tie, count who made the highest contribution by number.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tim Tim TIm TIM TIMMY!!
Costa Rica
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
the white guys are the real healers - doctors , the brown are like the nurses , you need them both but the Doctors get all the credit

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.