Subject: Extent of language use on playing material rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Martin Kaufmann
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,
as my sons are to small to understand enough english to play english games but are great fans of wild-west-games i would like to know how much english is used on the game material?
The rules are not the problem (i read them and explain them to the kids).

As far as i've seen on the pics in BGG there is a massive use of symbols and only few text on the cards/character-sheets. Does this apply to the entire game material or have i got a wrong impression?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan James
United States
Covington
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb

There isn't very much text. And what text there is, will be open information almost all of the time. It should work well for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Agreed.

Each character has a special skill, which you easily could read to them, and they will remember (or you will easily remember) to help them.

Example - If your son is playing a cowboy, he gets to roll 1 extra die when doing riding challenges, and does rustling challenges 1 turn less.

There is no text on the board at all. All the tokens on the map are icon driven, with some numbers.

The cities have text, but just to explain what each building does, but another example of something you can tell them what they do (doctor is where you go to heal wounds, general store is where you buy and sell stuff etc.)

Saloon and even cards tell a narrative, and can be read by you to tell the story.

Very fun family game, easy to lear, fast to play, quick time on each persons turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kaufmann
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the prompt replies.

So I'll give it a try and looking forward to play this game with my sons.

And I hope my games-dealer can find it for me - on the internet it seems the game is sold out at retail (according to kickstarter) and hard to get and therefor very expensive.

Will there be a second print in near future?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2nd printing is arriving this month, so it should be more widely available here soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Kaufmann
Austria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Perfect, thanks that will be perfect for the birthday of my twins.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bob
United States
flag msg tools
Be sure to taste your words, before you spit them out.
badge
If you climb in the saddle, be ready for the ride.
mbmbmbmbmb
Any changes with the Second Printing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Bob,

2nd printing changes are very minor. The paper money is on two different colors of paper to help identify (5's on white, 10's now on blue) and the blue challenge dice are being inked white vs. black as some folks found the blue/black combo hard to see. Also, we added a small FAQ section to the back of the rules. Otherwise, same game, materials, minis, and printer as last time.

Sean
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Bender
United States
Minneapolis
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
Hi Bob,

2nd printing changes are very minor. The paper money is on two different colors of paper to help identify (5's on white, 10's now on blue) and the blue challenge dice are being inked white vs. black as some folks found the blue/black combo hard to see. Also, we added a small FAQ section to the back of the rules. Otherwise, same game, materials, minis, and printer as last time.

Sean

I'm pleased to hear about the dice and money changes - bit very frustrating design issues with the first ed.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
sean brown

Colorado
msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey Scott,

Agreed. Those were the 2 things folks emailed us about, so we changed them. I actually prefer the older money, as it was easier to hide, but that is just me.

B
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mickey Jarvi
United States
Eureka
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
onekccs wrote:
Hey Scott,

Agreed. Those were the 2 things folks emailed us about, so we changed them. I actually prefer the older money, as it was easier to hide, but that is just me.

B

I never thought about hiding the money. I'm thinking maybe keep the money in the bullet bag off to the side. This might make grabbing bullets more difficult when dueling, but that's the risk you take I guess when you're trying to hide your money too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.