Hide
1 Posts

Star Trek: Attack Wing» Forums » Strategy

Subject: RiF Entire tournament Arch rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Alexander Bryer
msg tools
Mods if this is in the wrong place I understand if you move it.

Our store just finished the Resistance is Futile Tournament, and I wanted to share my fleets and over all games with everyone for critique and comment.

The First OP which was Avoid the edges game mode(forget all the actual names) I went with:
List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)

USS Voyager (30)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
Hikaru Sulu (3)
Mr. Spock (5)
Pavel Checkov (3)
Ship SP: 47

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Will Decker (2)
Montgomery Scott (5)
Miles O'Brien (2)
Ship SP: 33

Total Build SP: 90

Generated by STAW Builder
http://www.dracossoftware.com/STAWHome.html

Managed to Pull the Tal'Kir, I ended up going 2-1 losing only a Semi dominion build with lots of damage sharing(kraxon) with shield recharge.

I beat a Dominion Dreadknaught Battleship build with skilled Helmsman which ended up being quite solid but was unable to defeat my 360 fire voyager.

The 2nd event which was the unimatrix event I went with:
List Name

Resource: The Elite Attack Die (5)

USS Voyager (30)
Jean-Luc Picard - Crew (5)
Pavel Checkov (3)
Hikaru Sulu (3)
Miles O'Brien (2)
Tom Paris (4)
Ship SP: 47

ISS Defiant (24)
Miles O'Brien (3)
Rebellion (5)
Jennifer Sisko (3)
Julian Bashir (2)
Aft Phaser Emitter (1)
Ship SP: 38

I again ended up with Tal'kir for my Blind buy which this time proved much more valuable and i think it only died in one game vs a very well build romulan Scimitar. We also instated the 50 point ship restriction for this tournament hence the not bringing the huge voyager. I ended this event at 3-0. I had a surprisingly easy game vs 2x bioships and a rather annoying game vs a 9 dice throwing Energy Disapator on the Bajoran Interceptor.

The 3rd and final event "Endgame" was just finished this past Saturday. I came with a fleet that I had named "The Dueling Defiant Duo" List Name

Resource: Flagship Independent (Romulan) (10)

U.S.S. Defiant (24)
Jean-Luc Picard (6)
Flagship (0)
Hikaru Sulu (3)
Cloaking Device (4)
Ship SP: 37

ISS Defiant (24)
Mr. Spock (5)
Rebellion (5)
Jennifer Sisko (3)
Jadzia Dax (2)
Cloaking Device (4)
Ship SP: 43

I ended up also going 2-1 in this event losing again the same Romulan Opponent that gave me a hard time in the last OP. He had a Gelnan on the romulan science vessle which dealt prolly 9 damage through the game. He also had an avitar of Tomed tha was equipped with Borg Hull plating giving it a bloody 14 hp. Which took forever for it to die but i did manage to kill It, his Scout vessel(mine ship) and his blind buy(Tal'Kir) but the Gelnan+ elite attack die was just too much for me overcome with my total hull in my fleet of 8. 3 for each defiant and 2 for the Borg scout cube(blind buy) but i did manage to finish in 2nd place over all placing me 3 points ahead of the Romulan player for the Grand Prize. All in all a very good tournament except for the last even which was terrible in design but worked out to just be meh.

Thoughts comments, things i could have done better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.