Twilight Struggle» Forums » General

Subject: March rolls around (Digital related) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
K2K df
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
So now that we have reached March is anyone willing to venture a guess on an actual release date for the digital version?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Isaac Marx
United States
Arlington
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As with any Kickstarter, "as soon as it's done and not a moment sooner" is a pretty safe bet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Johnson
United States
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
CHINCB wrote:
So now that we have reached March is anyone willing to venture a guess on an actual release date for the digital version?

May!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
23:59:59 on March 31st?

I'm completely speculating - some time this summer, i.e. June-September. I have nothing concrete to base that on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... or I won't bear with you!
badge
Phil Eklund's games are like a bar of gold from a complete stranger.
mbmbmbmbmb
What about the beta?
According to the updates all the physical items went to print in early January, so they should be available for delivery some time in March.

Also, Playdeck, claimed in late January (according to GMT) that the development process was well under way, the game hardly had any bug on at least one of the promised platforms (iOS) and was in an advanced stage on other two platforms, and that they had already started the never-ending process of developing an AI.

It is worth noting that Playdeck (via GMT) have never mentioned any potential delay or difficulty. Given their experience and professionalism, they would necessarily have warned GMT and the backers at the first sign of a risk to miss any of their deadlines. So everything must be happening according to the original schedule.

On a different note, we were promised an Android online beta before the final release. Given that Playdeck, in Randi's message, pledged to get the game into the backers' hands as soon as they could, I wonder when is this beta release going to happen, as there are only four weeks left until the end of March.

EDIT because of intermittent operation of my caffeine-deprived brain that early in the morning

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
D b
msg tools
"I just got a note from Gary at Playdek yesterday. They’re working on an update that we hope to post next week. More details then.

Gene"

Gene Billingsley, Feb. 28

http://www.insidegmt.com/?p=1284#comment-17006
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
K2K df
South Africa
flag msg tools
mbmb
I think the time for getting upset at a lack of feedback is upon us. I mean we are halfway through March and there seems to be no feedback on the horizon. And yes I know feedback was promised but twice feedback was promised (in the week after the 28th of February and around the 10th of March) and both times we have been let down. I am beginning to get upset with the lack of commitment to customers.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Unless GMT & Playdeck confirm the shipment of the physical components and the release of the beta by Friday the 13th, they won't have the time to fulfil all their commitments by the end of the month.

It is too early to write off the money. However, absent any good news, I shall soon have to provision a loan loss in my books for this Kickstarter.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Snooze Fest
United States
Hillsborough
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
We love our pups!! Misu, RIP 28 Nov 2010. Tikka, RIP 11 Aug 2011.
mbmbmbmbmb
I also heard that the sky is falling -- TAKE SHELTER NOW!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
leroy43 wrote:
23:59:59 on March 31st?

I'm completely speculating - some time this summer, i.e. June-September. I have nothing concrete to base that on.

Based on the latest updates, your gut feeling was right on.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob C
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Updates at

http://www.gmtgames.com/news.aspx?showarticle=316

and

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/559431060/twilight-stru...

Quote:
The biggest bad news to come out of all this, in my view, is that all of the physical reward items for our Twilight Struggle Kickstarter backers are still stuck somewhere in the printing process (we only usually get updates when they are ready to send us samples, and apparently they're not at that point yet) and probably won't be shipped to us anywhere near the time-frame that we were initially promised. Tony is uncertain on timing, as they did not respond to his request for an update yet this week, but he said "tell the customers July for delivery, to be safe."

Quote:
I'm thinking now that Dominant Species will probably be first to release, with Twilight Struggle shortly thereafter.

Quote:
While development is steadily progressing on the game, at this time we do not expect to have the game ready to ship until Summer 2015.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
miqrogroove wrote:
wrote:
While development is steadily progressing on the game, at this time we do not expect to have the game ready to ship until Summer 2015.

I am not upset they are late. The promises Playdek made during the campaign were blatantly over-optimistic and excessive. I am upset they have been late in letting us know they will be late, although they knew (or should have known) they would be late at least by the end of January.

This has been my first Kickstarter. Even if the sky did not fall (I have never imagined it would, it does not make sense physically), I have learned my lesson.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Midlothian
Virginia
flag msg tools
Man is most nearly himself when he achieves...
badge
We don’t stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.
mbmbmbmbmb
That's what puzzled me. I don't know why one would wait for the month in which fulfillment was set to occur, the last update two months prior confirming that eveything was on pace. That had surprised me at the time as this is definitely not my first Kickstarter! The delay now is more typical; the very late notice of the delay is what is atypical.

Ah, well. It's what I think everybody was expecting. Having a terrific product is what everyone most wants. I usually add a whole year onto the listed fulfillment date and don't even bother thinking about getting cranky until after that. They will keep others less cranky if communication improves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.