Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey there, right now i am coming from my Ideas- chamber and brought you this today:

Tactical Obstacle.:
Objects that change the tactical setting of the Map to an advantage for the player.

As far as i know there is nothing like this released in BL2E, i saw in the 1. Edition that there some plates like Portals, magical Runes but i didnt found or read the rules of them. If someone knows about this from 1E please post it i would e appreciate it.

TO - Wooden Spikes [WS]:
Cost: 3
Maximum per Player: 2
Placement:
- On a every hextile except Watertiles without a bridge/ford - token
- Will be placed before revealing the Army
- can placed in every direction
Rules:
The WS will cover 2 Sides of one hex- tile.

If a Unit moves through the WS from one of these two directions,
- it must stop its movement(like forest), (remove then the WS optional Houserule)
(for cards that say, the unit can move through unit, have to stop after they move over the hex- tile with a WS on)
- if this unit is a cavalry- unit, roll 1 Dice and take 1Dmg for a Sword or Doublesword result.

- Retreat through the front of the WS is not possible,recieve 1 DMG for Flag- Results.

If a Melee Unit attacks a Unit that stands on a hex- tile with WS and through one of these two directions, it will roll 1 Dice less in combat rolls(before modifications).

Tutorial how to make it, is in my gallery under the pictures

Playtest and Flesheater got around to eat my Rune Golems (all of them cry )

The Name is not final, thats why i wanted to ask, can someone explain me how this (the Woodspikes, not the wall)

(c) Wall by nekoheehee on deviantart.net
is called in english?

The Translation says "Spits of wood" , wall of wood spikes maybe too and i also checked historic background that this was not common, they builded wood spikes together to a X or Cross like a Anti-Tank-Wall to stop warmachines and cavalry. And the version i mean was found on Forts, small defence building and so on.

Playtest: 2

So far it did what it was supposed to do, make it harder to attack spots that were before very week. And let the cavalry walk around to delay their arriving.

Greetings Tom

Edit: Rules updated to final.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Thanks for this! Really nice models.

The technical name for this in English is "palisade," a fixed row of stakes that form a barrier or enclosure.

I think there is something like this in Memoir 44?

Should there be a mechanic to remove them?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What you made could be called "wooden spikes" or "wooden stakes." I thought First Edition BE had them in one of their expansions. Maybe someone can confirm or deny.

Something similar that is hastily made is called "Fieldworks" in Battle Cry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Soldier wrote:
Thanks for this! Really nice models.

The technical name for this in English is "palisade," a fixed row of stakes that form a barrier or enclosure.

I think there is something like this in Memoir 44?

Should there be a mechanic to remove them?

- it must stop its movement(like forest), remove then the WS
That would be my solution for now.
But i think you mean, like shooting or attacking it , to destroy it?

And thanks for the informations about the name. I will search in the expansion for confirm it or not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Great idea, but you should know that "barricades" plus a few other special terrain types are included in the upcoming expansions. From the FFG previews we know:

Barricades impede movement, block retreats and inflict a point of damage.
Crystal spires add 1 attack die to units that start their turn on the hex.
Blood fields heal units that start their turn on the hex. I assume 1 point of damage but they haven't said any more about it.

Looks like either faction can use barricades, but the others are for Daqan/Uthuk only. They cost muster points like units, or are placed for certain scenarios.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Retreat rule, hm i am consider this, maybe should include this.

but do you know if the dmg is caused to any unit and without rolling a dice? Because i like the idea of the Spell: "Swarm" where you roll 2Dices for dmg.

Ahhh for all who wanted to know:

They called "Archers Stakes" , because Archers builded them while the main army moved forward. So they could stop attacks on flanks and approaching cavalry. But in my case Wooden Spikes is ok i think.

http:// askville.amazon.com/Hundred's-Year-War-archers/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=3495728

Here a Picture from First Edition

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hubbard
United States
Mullica Hill
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Ressless wrote:
The Retreat rule, hm i am consider this, maybe should include this.

but do you know if the dmg is caused to any unit and without rolling a dice? Because i like the idea of the Spell: "Swarm" where you roll 2Dices for dmg.

Just going by what they've revealed in their previews, it looks like it's 1 point of damage guaranteed, no dice rolling. They do describe an Uthuk scenario that gives their barricades a single die roll for a chance at doing additional damage.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok hm, i swear by my dragon ancestors! I never read the preview/news on the FFG Website. Damn ,i came up with this idea because i found the picture of the selfmade "Archers Stake" from 1Edition and i wanted some Objects for more deep tactical enviroment.

And yes it is really with dices:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Read the rulebook, plan for all contingencies, and…read the rulebook again.
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like I'm a little late to the party again. But I knew there were a couple other things your spikes/stakes/palisade might be called:

1) Abatis or 2) Cheval de frise
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BradyLS wrote:
Looks like I'm a little late to the party again. But I knew there were a couple other things your spikes/stakes/palisade might be called:

1) Abatis or 2) Cheval de frise

Man that hits the mark! Some new historical facts learned this week about spain, england and france and the 100 years war.

Well ok, i will build 2 or 3 more of them in this version(crossed), for the scenario "Bleeding Skies" to be ready.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom
Germany
Dresden
Saxony
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A question, with or without Middle-stick/bar/pole ?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Giulio
Italy
Scandiano
RE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely without.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.