Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Greetings fellow geeks! It's Monday! Another week in the books and as the weekend ends and as we toil at our assorted labors, we should recount our past week of gaming exploits.

So, all you gamers, bring your mini-session reports and stories of gaming greatness over the past week, as you pop in here to answer the question:

What did you play over the past week?

The Geeklist version can be found here:

https://boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/188105/item/3767056#item3...

Check out the subscription thread:

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/article/4115320

Also, don't forget to relive all your Video Game excitement over on VGG!

Subscribe so you don't miss a single moment of the fun!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Tajemnicze Domostwo x3
Castles of Mad King Ludwig x1
Can't Stop x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Kunes
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Work continues to consume much of my time and energy, so gaming had to wait until the weekend...

Friday
1x - Lord of the Rings: The Card Game - mb

Saturday
2x - Bruges - mb

Sunday
1x - Bruges - mb

meeple Keep playing...

BK's Hardcore 10x10 in 2015 List at 31/100
15 Games BK Wants to Play in 2015 at 1/15
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
- Carcassonne
- Macao

Both games were won by my wife, making it a total of 7 games in a row I've lost to her.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Garmon
United States
Panama City
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sat:
Diamonds
XCOM: The Board Game - We played a few rules incorrectly on this, our first try. Didn't discard Aliens after the defend the base phase and didn't know we could use Nexus ability to move multiple ufo's, only did 1 per turn. Add to this that we couldn't roll a success and needless to say, we got pounded, even in tutorial mode, lol.

Sun:
Castle Panic x2
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael W.
Germany
Böblingen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This was quite a busy week for gaming!

Monday:

5x 1989: Dawn of Freedom

I really like this game! The factions play much more differently than in TS. I also like the Power Struggles. (And am in the minority with that opinion?)

Thursday:

2x 1989: Dawn of Freedom
1x 1960: The Making of the President

Sunday:

a) with 4 players:

1x Fire in the Lake

We didn't finish the game due to our fifth player arriving. It was quite a long time since our last play, so this partial game was foremost a refresher of the rules & game flow. Hopefully, the next session will be sooner. Really looks promising.

b) with 5 players:

1x A Game of Thrones (1st edition)

I was pleasantly surprised by this game. This was mostly due to some negative remarks from one my gaming buddies regarding the randomness of the supply/muster event cards. This worked out fine, though. This game has many things I really like: simultaneous action selection and alliances & backstabbing. The lack of ports is a flaw, though. I might look into the 2nd edition, because we often are six players.

1x Tomorrow

The theme doesn't offend me at all. I am very sceptic reagrding the balancing of the action cards, strategic cards and major nations. IMO, the game untweaked is broken and doesn't offer any meaningful choices at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas Shelley
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
They call him Cuban Pete..
mbmbmbmbmb
Tuesday
1x The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey Deck-Building Game
1x Carcassonne + a couple of the new mini expansions

Wednesday
1x 1st & Goal

Thursday
1x Cornish Smuggler

Friday
1x Five Tribes
1x Survive: Escape from Atlantis!

A good week
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday, 27.02.2015

1x Tales of the Arabian Nights

E 2 players
E I won

I had tremendous luck this time, fulfilling my quest (Contest for Marriage) in just 2 turns and getting 3 additional skills by the end of the 3rd turn (I had 8 in total by the end of the game, with 3 on master level).

Saturday, 28.02.2015

1x Seasons

E First time playing it
E 2 players
E I lost

We played by the beginners' rules and both really enjoyed it.

Sunday, 01.03.2015

1x Lords of Vegas

E 3 players
E I shared victory with another player

I introduced 2 friends of mine to the game, and it was just great.
Half-way through the game, I was in a major lead, so they both traded 2 spaces with big advantages for each of them, but disadvantages for me.
Overall an excellent time playing it, as a lot of power struggles and shifts in power happend during the game, as we all played very aggressively but were also laughing at the same time because of the game's cutthroat mentality and exciting dice rolls.
In the end, one player was closing in to my lead, but the game ended as soon as we were on the same space of the scoring track.

1x Seasons

E 2 players
E I won

This time, we played with the regular drafing phase, which makes this game so much better. As we were still getting familiar with the cards, we played with the medium skill rules (sorting out all cards from 31-50).

As a side note: wow, this game has some of the nastiest cards I have every seen in any game. Once I get this game for my own collection, I might have to sort some cards out in order to not ruin the fun for some players.

Kyur wrote:
Sunday, 22.02.2015
Not much time for board games, recently. Will try to change that for the coming weeks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Winston-Salem
North Carolina
flag msg tools
my shoes are laced with irony
mbmbmbmbmb
Notre Dame x1
Port Royal x1
Tzolk'in: The Mayan Calendar x1
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Wright
Canada
Belleville
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thursday:
Kingdom Builder
Compounded
Love Letter
Cockroach Poker
Coup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anna E.
United States
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Horror - 2 player game. Ended up with 6 dead investigators, 1 awakened Cthulhu and an empty mythos deck. Highlight was rolling eight dice on a strength test and failing. Lots of fun though.

Space Alert - A bit like drinking from a fire hose, but the game owner had played before so it wasn't bad to learn. However, it is apparently NOT helpful to shoot aimlessly into space before the threat actually arrives, or to forget to add more power to the guns. (We obviously did not have our coop A game with us this week.)

Boss Monster: The Dungeon Building Card Game - Light, quick fun as usual.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GusterFan wrote:
Eldritch Horror - 2 player game. Ended up with 6 dead investigators, 1 awakened Cthulhu and an empty mythos deck. Highlight was rolling eight dice on a strength test and failing. Lots of fun though.

With how many investigators per player did you play ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Friday:
-Friday my friends and I went bowling, which was a blast! I had a voucher for 2 free hours and a pizza. After Bowling, we all went back to my house and played Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, which was also a blast! Nobody was the traitor this time. This was also our first time playing.

Saturday:
Saturday my friend, my mom, and I played Sushi Go! And then just my friend and I played Dead of Winter: A Crossroads Game, and good god is it hard 2-player!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John W
United States
Rockville
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes Wanted x 1

Learning game--wish I had time to learn it before breaking it out, but have just been too busy. Thankfully my gaming group is patient enough to walk through a game together. I can see how some people wouldn't like the game, and there's validity to the critique of it being repetitive, but our group is a social one and we loved the quirks and the humor/charm. Will try it again, I'm sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
Draper
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Harbour feels like a short, small Le Havre.
Sheriff of Nottingham thursday night we had a blast trying to convince the sheriff to look at others bags, not our own; bribes were aplenty.

Farmers Market Sunday a quick 90 mins playtest with the State Fair cards thrown in; worked nicely; might be too long still.

Duck Dealer Sunday Night

Yes, that is black ahead by 50 points, and it stayed that way the rest of the game; I was green. The winner enjoyed it enough to say, we need to play it again, which is not normal for an average game for him, so it sparked a wow factor somewhere in him. Personally, it played a lot better this time than back in 2009. Not sure why, but it wasn't as dry feeling this time. Splotter spiel get a lot of flak for this one, but theme-aside, it is a good interesting 2-3 hour game. No one was able to break it, so that was good (some threads indicate the possibility).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
rob taylor
England
bingley
West Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Last week I finally got round to doing a run through and read of the rules for, game of thrones 2nd edition.
Games played for the week were:-

Tuesday 24-02
Monopoly junior x2
Through the desert

Wednesday 25-02
Lords of waterdeep
Roll for the galaxy
Machi koro

Thursday 26-02
King of new York x2

Friday 27-02
Mille bornes

Saturday 28-02
Zooloretto

Sunday 01-03
Zooloretto x2
Castle panic, wizards tower
Imperial assault

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robin Oosterom
Netherlands
De Meern
Utrecht
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This weekend i played:

Fallen 3 times
Imperial Settlers
Instanbul
Print and play version of 1066 Tears of many mothers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Hickle
United States
Colorado Springs
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
This space for rent.
mbmbmbmbmb
On Friday, I played my weekly game of Friday and won!

Saturday was my game group's monthly all-day event. I was there for a few hours, and got to play:

Morels (I lost)
AquaSphere (came in second of four)
The Walking Dead Card Game (came in fifth of six)
Tsuro (went out second in a six-player game)
Sheriff of Nottingham (came in second of five)
Innovation (lost a two player game)

It was a fun weekend!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave VanAtta
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Monday:
Star Realms x1

Saturday:
Pandemic x1
Telestrations x3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roger Dodger
United States
River Grove
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sunday March 1st
2x Village with Village Inn
1x Carcassonne with Carcassonne: Expansion 1 – Inns & Cathedrals and Carcassonne: Expansion 2 – Traders & Builders
5x One Night Ultimate Werewolf with One Night Ultimate Werewolf Daybreak and One Night Ultimate Werewolf: Bonus Pack 1

Had a blast with each and every game meeple

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kaiser
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2x Space Empires: 4X
4x Gears of War: The Board Game lost 2, won 2.
2x Arkham Horror
2x Elevenses for One

Edit: and lots of Star Realms on the app. Also with Vacabck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brandon Kempf
United States
Jefferson City
MO
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ahhh!! So you are Spike!

Good games, I've actually had a fairly lucky run against you this string of games, but I think you may have me this time, I'm floundering around trying find any synergy in this deck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Kaiser
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vacabck wrote:
Ahhh!! So you are Spike!

Good games, I've actually had a fairly lucky run against you this string of games, but I think you may have me this time, I'm floundering around trying find any synergy in this deck.

Don't worry, I am on a big losing streak again. I was in level 10 and now I am back at level 8. Losing lots of close games... anyway good matches! thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe S
United States
Bloomington
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Blokus x 6
Rummikub x 2
Ticket to Ride: Europe x 1

We taught Blokus and Ticket to Ride to some friends on Saturday. I had hoped to get to a second game of Ticket to Ride or maybe a Takenoko, but it was getting late and people were tired.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
(ɹnʎʞ)
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
de_la_poer wrote:

What's the win/loss ratio on Arkham Horror ? Was it solo ?
Just Kyur-ious.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.