Subject: Real world set-up - a variant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Probably suggested already somewhere, but:

If you want to set up the real world, just do so with all tiles, then turn them to the blue undiscovered site (except the starting centre tile). When it is time for a new era, the player whose turn it is, simply turns over one of the still undiscovered tiles already connected to other discovered tiles. Perhaps in the first era only the 3-tiles are turnable. The double resource island are less with this variant, but I do not see any other big issues.

EDIT... There are issues, the Scandinavian three tile will not have access to the central tile, and one of the other have accesss to s 2 resources island... Perhaps have s bidding system for the first tile placement.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Laurent Lavenant
France
PARIS
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's an interesting idea, but i am not sure 3 tiles will be an issue:
First, my advice will be to place the world to be discovered next to the board (tiles face-up). Thus, all double ressources islands are still available at the begining (you will need a big table and you start with an easy puzzle game ).
Player 1 will choose western Europe ,southern Africa or Middle-Est. As soon as western Europe or Middle-Est tiles have been placed, northen/central-Europe will be available for the next player. The 1rst player has an access to a double ressources island with Middle-Est tile, but gives access to another double ressources island the northern/central Europe tile. Any player has also the possibility to play a "diamond strategy" with western-Europe (followed by western Africa) or a "leave me alone" strategy with Southern-Africa...
This variant should be really strategic because all resources are visible at the begining and you skip the hazardeous tile-draw phase.
I don't see a problem with 3 or 4 players : a better position at the begining will focus the other players against you. And 2P Games? I need more plays to have an opinion, which is not a problem

Such an elegant game...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.