United States
Bettendorf
Iowa
flag msg tools
realmchat.forumotion.com
badge
realmchat.forumotion.com
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.pockettactics.com/news/ios-news/screenshots-gambi...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, wonderful!

And a host of wonderful updates too!

- a new update feed which will help you stay on top of your asynchronous games (a big pain in the engines in 1.0)
- an option for faster card animations
- online leaderboards
- new tips and hints to smooth out the learning curve for new players.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martí Cabré

Terrassa
Catalonia, Spain
msg tools
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Siege_of_Barcelona_(1713–14)
badge
https://spanishpolice.github.io
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That's wonderful!!

I really wanted the inclusion of the promo cards, so now I'm happy, I'd pay for the digital expansion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Did anyone else notice that in the below screenshot from the article, the text of Energy Shield was changed to add a scrap-to-draw ability? I know that it was a pretty weak card in the printed version (having the Frontier Fleet more than negates it), so I understand why they changed it. I wonder if they will also change it in future versions of the print game (I hope not, since I do own it).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Lemons
United States
Bettendorf
Iowa
flag msg tools
realmchat.forumotion.com
badge
realmchat.forumotion.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Here is the official announcement from White Wizard Games confirming Thursday 3/5 as the release date for all platforms and providing further details:

http://www.starrealms.com/the-gambits-are-coming-digital-gam...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the bottom of the announcement is this little bit about how it's implemented:

Quote:
Basically, you can choose whether or not you want to play with the new Gambit Expansion. If you have the Gambit Expansion selected, when you challenge a player or play “New Game” online, all of the Gambit Expansion cards mentioned above will be included in the game. Each player gets two randomly selected Gambit cards at the beginning of the game that they can use at any time. The new ship and base cards are mixed in with the trade deck.

Personally, I am not a fan of the Gambits at all. However, I do like the other new cards (Megahauler, Starmarket, etc.). Unfortunately, it appears that you'll have to play with one to have the other.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
The new digital Gambit Expansion includes all the Gambit and promotional cards from our Kickstarter physical card set:

Nine new Gambit cards that give players special abilities
Sixteen new ship and base cards added to the trade deck
Two new campaign chapters with a total of 13 new campaign missions
Top 1,000 Rankings, lifetime, monthly and weekly leaderboards

You have to have it, right? How much does it cost? The price is $3.99, and it requires purchase of the base game ($4.99). Like the base game, once you purchase the digital Gambit Expansion once, you can play it across all platforms (PC, Mac, iOS, Android).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Aweberman wrote:
At the bottom of the announcement is this little bit about how it's implemented:

Quote:
Basically, you can choose whether or not you want to play with the new Gambit Expansion. If you have the Gambit Expansion selected, when you challenge a player or play “New Game” online, all of the Gambit Expansion cards mentioned above will be included in the game. Each player gets two randomly selected Gambit cards at the beginning of the game that they can use at any time. The new ship and base cards are mixed in with the trade deck.

Personally, I am not a fan of the Gambits at all. However, I do like the other new cards (Megahauler, Starmarket, etc.). Unfortunately, it appears that you'll have to play with one to have the other.

Only played with the base game so far, but based upon what I read here about the Gambit cards I'll second this opinion. I just can't see the point in obligatorily joining the new bases/ships with the Gambits. I hope they reconsider/fix this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aweberman wrote:

Quote:

The article doesn't explicitly say that though. There is nothing linking the last sentence to the rest of the paragraph.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remy Gibson
United States
flag msg tools
http://boardgametop10s.com/audio/bg10.xml
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Diamond Geezer wrote:
Aweberman wrote:

Quote:

The article doesn't explicitly say that though. There is nothing linking the last sentence to the rest of the paragraph.

Ah, true. I guess we'll find out for sure on Thursday morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aweberman wrote:

Ah, true. I guess we'll find out for sure on Thursday morning.

Totally stoked for this. I can't believe I'm so excited

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Debbie Moynihan
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You do get both the Gambits and the new cards in games that you play with the new Gambit Expansion but I will give your feedback to the product team. You can also give feedback and ask questions in a live Twitch tonight at 7 pm with Darwin Kastle,lead designer of Star Realms.

Darwin will be playing with the not yet released Gambit Expansion in the Twitch livestream tonight using the beta version. The Twitch channel is at http://www.twitch.tv/starrealmsgame and there will be a replay there after the livestream.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Morton
United States
Brackenridge
PA
flag msg tools
[Daytrip Gaming]
mbmbmbmbmb
When does Google Play usually update?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
knuckles29 wrote:

It is already in the Play Store. Pulled it down this morning.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
knuckles29 wrote:

It is already in the Play Store. Pulled it down this morning.

And does it work properly for you? There's a thread already with two fellow geeks reporting errors, don't know which platform they use though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Did not buy the Gambit expansion yet, but the update is so far working for me.

Especially the faster animations are a godsend

Did not try online games yet either - so I am perhaps not the best testing monkey here whistle

Will try it later on the PC as well.

(4.5" LG F60 phone, Android 4.4.4)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Wait a minute... there's something I got wrong it seems: is there an update to the base game independent from the Gambit expansion?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok wrote:
Wait a minute... there's something I got wrong it seems: is there an update to the base game independent from the Gambit expansion?

Yes and no. Along with adding the Gambit and promo cards to the game (paid DLC), they also made some substantial updates to the app that are available for everyone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ThinkingThatsAll wrote:
kolok wrote:

Yes and no. Along with adding the Gambit and promo cards to the game (paid DLC), they also made some substantial updates to the app that are available for everyone.

Many thanks, but I still don't get it. Can I download this update without buying the Gambit exp.? If yes, how? Presently I do not have the app with me (it's iOS).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Nivet
Ireland
Cork City
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased the expansion and no trace of the promo cards, either with the Gambits on or off, what am I doing wrong?

I only play against the AI, not multipayer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kundlak
Slovakia
Bratislava
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kolok wrote:

Many thanks, but I still don't get it. Can I download this update without buying the Gambit exp.? If yes, how? Presently I do not have the app with me (it's iOS).

The app updates regularly (at least on Android, but for iOS it should be the same). The functionality enhancements (i.e. the option to turn on faster animations) will be present afterwards.

The Gambit expansion is an in-app purchase option that will be available to be purchased in the updated app afterwards.

So no, you do not need to buy the Gambit, if you do not want to.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sándor Kolok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Joeyeti wrote:
kolok wrote:

The app updates regularly (at least on Android, but for iOS it should be the same). The functionality enhancements (i.e. the option to turn on faster animations) will be present afterwards.

The Gambit expansion is an in-app purchase option that will be available to be purchased in the updated app afterwards.

So no, you do not need to buy the Gambit, if you do not want to.

Ok, thanks again, I'm a little bit of a living fossil in this world now (not having a smartphone, bought and iPad for the family just at the end of last year)...blush

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Dunn
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
You toast the waffle.
badge
In a syrupy voice, the awful waffle walker tries to butter you up.
mbmbmbmbmb
After the update it crashes on me a lot when it first loads.

They also changed the fourth level of the hard second scenario so you now start with a blue base in play.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
quietcorn wrote:
After the update it crashes on me a lot when it first loads.

They also changed the fourth level of the hard second scenario so you now start with a blue base in play.

I am pretty sure that you always started with the blue base in play on that mission. I have been stuck on it for months.

Also, I have yet to have a crash. Other issues? Yes, but not a crash.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.