Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
what are the changes in the new/now edition (2015) available for preorder? There is a ruleset on the Mayfair page. but the info regarding the new edition is rather... slim.
or are they open for suggestions? ( i.e. tracks of wood instead of markering. or buying my own markers instead of some in the box. better cards)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nothing officially announced yet (AFAIK), but yes, the board recount has been done (always the first step towards a new edition) and the development team is sorting through the various expansion candidates to determine what we might use. Expect an announcement soon(ish).

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On the mayfair site there are second edition rules as pdf.
and my online games pusher/retailer has the chance to preorder (milanspiele.de)

red black wrote:
Link? I don't see anything on Mayfair's webpage about a new edition.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
thank you very much for the info

best wishes and,
count me in for tom whams genius alone

AlexYeager wrote:
Nothing officially announced yet (AFAIK), but yes, the board recount has been done (always the first step towards a new edition) and the development team is sorting through the various expansion candidates to determine what we might use. Expect an announcement soon(ish).

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
superjosef wrote:
or are they open for suggestions? ( i.e. tracks of wood instead of markering. or buying my own markers instead of some in the box.

Tracks of wood makes no sense. Also crayons are included (not markers). Except for China Markers (which are more like crayons), markers don't work well on the board.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fritz Mulnar
Germany
Bremen
not Bavaria
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh, I was only thinking of Inca Empire , I thought the tracklaying aspect there nicer than painting on the board.

but apart from that, I have not played those crayon train thingies.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Foy
United States
Ellicott City
Maryland
flag msg tools
mb
superjosef wrote:
Oh, I was only thinking of Inca Empire , I thought the tracklaying aspect there nicer than painting on the board.

but apart from that, I have not played those crayon train thingies.

Unlike Euros, Crayon-rails gives you a lot of freedom to try new strategies. Though Crayon-rails games have very simple rules, there is a hidden depth in them. Iron Dragon is one of the most complex crayon-rails games, I'd suggest trying one of the other games in the series before going there.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Dillenbeck
United States
Deerfield
Wisconsin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Iron Dragon is going to get a reprint?!? AT LAST! My board is so old the edges are frayed. How I wish I could have gotten the roll up laminated map... the damage is so bad that it has become basically unplayable. Now I'll have to keep watching and watching for this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas McCorry
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
Life is a Journey, Not a Destination
mbmbmbmbmb
The second edition rules were included in the last printed copy from Mayfair. My rule book has Second Edition printed on it sonthese are the current rules, not a new set.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any news on the reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff White
United States
Kyle
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm eagerly awaiting a reprint as well!

I look forward to color cards and load chits (similar to the recent releases), but please leave that Elmore cover if possible. It's a classic!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Val Cassotta
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Would love to see a deluxe edition reprint
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Agranized
Canada
Rivers
Manitoba
flag msg tools
Anyword if a reissue / reprint is going to happen? It's been a while without much talk on this, doesn't bode well for us who are eagerly waiting. I've pretty much run the gauntlet on the crayon rail games but for this one!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
See above. Work proceeds. No announcement yet.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Derksen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
See above. Work proceeds. No announcement yet.

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games

Does the mini article in Game Trade Magazine 199 portent an imminent reprint?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maaaaaaaaaaaybe...

Alex Yeager
Mayfair Games/Lookout Games/Twilight Creations
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian b
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
Hahahahahahaha... anyone remember Lunar Rails? The game Mayfair promised for years? This time they are being smart and are intentionally not projecting a release date or giving too much information ahead of time so they aren't tripped up by whatever difficulties they may have with producing a new game (or delays due to prioritizing other projects and product lines).

The last re-issue in Empire Builder line was in 2011 with nothing new since then. Empire Express does not count because it is a different system. My family is looking forward to the new edition. Between three households, we have probably gone through at least eight copies of Iron Dragon, plus two extra decks of cards when you could still get those, including all three versions of the Rainbow Bridge. I just bought an almost unused open copy ($30 at my local game shop) in case it does take a few more years.

It is nice to see by the Game Trade Magazine reference and Alex' posting that Mayfair is still working on the new (third?) edition. Hopefully this will be out... eventually.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonas Mustonen
Finland
Helsinki
flag msg tools
designer
badge
D20 iacta est
mbmbmbmbmb
I spotted an ad in Game Trade Magazine #199 for return of Iron Dragon. I have scanned it and uploaded it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Derksen
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AlexYeager wrote:
Maaaaaaaaaaaybe...

Alex Yeager

Hey Alex, I've ordered a new edition at my FLGS. They asked if I also wanted the new expansion.

Do I?

I'm not sure what comes in the expansion and can't find any info about it.

Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Yeager
United States
Ypsilanti
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Expansion" would be news to me, with one exception: if they somehow still have some of the old Tom Wham self-published expansions laying around (which were always sold directly out of the Mayfair booth for years in tiny quantities). The upcoming edition had some expansion work done on it, but the final decision was to do an updated version of the original game, with no expanded material, and no standalone expansion is currently planned.

I hope that helps!
Alex Yeager
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.