Popular Tags: [View All]
Yuliyan Kalaydzhiev
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do you have the same problem or is it just my copy? Some of my tiles require a considerable amount of force to be made to fit. You can also sometimes see a 1mm gap between the junctions after they connect. I did not have this problem with Descent 2nd edition and its expansions.

This will improve with time as the pieces become more banged up but I think this can hardly be what one should be looking forward to...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Angelus Seniores
Belgium
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mine are a very tight fit, which cause them to be difficult to connect by moments

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
No. Probably a bad product. I'd go for a return/replace. The last time I had issues like that was somewhere in Descent 1st Edition. But that's light years past in terms of component quality (not in terms of gameplay quality though).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Forster
United States
Tucson
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sometimes when the tiles are from opposite sides of the punchboard, I can get them to fit one way, but not the other. (i.e., it depends on which tile is on top as I push them together)

This is because there is a slight angle to the punchboard cuts. The same thing happens with some double-sided Catan bits.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yuliyan Kalaydzhiev
Germany
München
Bayern
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
skotothalamos wrote:
sometimes when the tiles are from opposite sides of the punchboard, I can get them to fit one way, but not the other. (i.e., it depends on which tile is on top as I push them together)

This is because there is a slight angle to the punchboard cuts. The same thing happens with some double-sided Catan bits.

I know what you mean but no - mine just don't fit together after you snap them in. When you connect two tiles there are holes in the junctions - you can see the table underneath because they don't fit.

Yeah, maybe I will contact them. In the end, it's not that bad, was just wondering if it was only my copy or a problem with the print (cut) run.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Brillantes
United States
Livermore
California
flag msg tools
This space left intentionally blank.
badge
One last tour here on the Death Star and I can retire. What was that noise?!
mbmbmbmbmb
BGOrion wrote:
skotothalamos wrote:

I know what you mean but no - mine just don't fit together after you snap them in. When you connect two tiles there are holes in the junctions - you can see the table underneath because they don't fit.

Yeah, maybe I will contact them. In the end, it's not that bad, was just wondering if it was only my copy or a problem with the print (cut) run.

One possibility is a black sheet over the table. Then the only thing you will see through the holes in junctions is darkness. Also accentuates the impassable nature of the walls on the tiles. whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sheldon Morris
Canada
Fergus
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It does sound abnormal though. I've played with two separate copies and the tiles from both fit together very precisely.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Venus
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Some others did mention having this problem and my copy is a bit off although not too bad. I decided not to bother contacting FFG, but you should send them an email about it. They will take care of it for you.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
andy mcglothlin
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
Mine fit really well, FWIW.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah I complained about this ages ago

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.