karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Crossroads cards

Q: Is there any difference between the wording „Add 4 noise tokens to the location“ and „Fill the location with noise tokens“?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
vlasak wrote:
Crossroads cards

Q: Is there any difference between the wording „Add 4 noise tokens to the location“ and „Fill the location with noise tokens“?

Not yet...
But we don't know if the expansion will contain locations that have more than 4 noise token slots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
I see. Then, maybe it is worth mentioning this little difference somewhere in the rules...Just an idea.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
vlasak wrote:
I see. Then, maybe it is worth mentioning this little difference somewhere in the rules...Just an idea.

Why would you need to mention the difference between "4" and "all"?
Just read the card text literally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David "Davy" Ashleydale
United States
Oakland
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Josh, I think it's because it can lead to insecurity about whether or not you missed something in the rules. If I see that the rules sometimes say add 4 noise tokens and sometimes say to fill up the noise tokens, I might wonder if I missed a rule somewhere. They seem like they mean the same thing, yet the rulebook author chose to word them in different ways in some places. That could mean that they really don't mean the same thing and I have a misunderstanding about something.

It's just always better if rule authors decide on consistent wordings to avoid any kind of confusion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ossian Grr aka "Josh"
United States
Chelmsford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
GRRRRR!!!
badge
GRRRRRRRRR!!
mbmbmbmbmb
randomlife wrote:
Josh, I think it's because it can lead to insecurity about whether or not you missed something in the rules. If I see that the rules sometimes say add 4 noise tokens and sometimes say to fill up the noise tokens, I might wonder if I missed a rule somewhere. They seem like they mean the same thing, yet the rulebook author chose to word them in different ways in some places. That could mean that they really don't mean the same thing and I have a misunderstanding about something.

It's just always better if rule authors decide on consistent wordings to avoid any kind of confusion.

See my comment above.
They mean the same thing now... but the wording leaves the door open for them to mean something different (i.e. an expansion location that has 5 or more Noise Token slots).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
David, thanks, that was exactly my point. We have clarified this with Josh already in another thread and were also given an answer from Plaidhat. Indeed, this wording means the same thing and should be understood exactly equally. So, in the Czech edition of the game, a uniform wording will be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.