karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Christmas
Option 1: Forest Plum may draw up to 4 cards from the …deck. He must reveal them and give each of them to another player of his choice.

Q1: Can a player get more than 1 card from Forest? If yes, Q3 below is irrelevant.

Q2: Can an exiled player also get a gift card from Forest?

Q3: If Q1 answer is NO, then Forest may draw max. as many cards, as many other eligible players are in play, right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fish face
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What does it say on the card? You can do that.

Stop overthinking it and looking for exceptions that aren't there. If there ia an exception, it will say so. You are in danger of killing this game stone dead for your group - I can imagine this card coming up and your companions going 'ho ho ho here's a little gift for you', enjoying the game before you jump in 'wait, does it mean this, or this, or this?' And a debate happening about every.single.card.in.the.game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Odyzeus Longbow
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
fish face see the replies in other threads - he is translating the game and trying to be as accurate as possible.
Also, he wouldn't be debating mid game, he'll already have all the answers by then
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan

Florida
msg tools
mb
How I would play it if it came up in my game:

1. Yes. It doesn't say max 1 card per player.

2. Yes, it doesn't say he can't give anything to someone who is exiled.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
karel vlasak
Czech Republic
Prague
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Thank you.
Here is my confusion: the second point contradicts a bit the story, in my opinion.
With the first I was not sure whether the cards shall go just to player other than owner of Forest , or whether each card should go to a different player. So I just wanted to be ascertained. Now I get the point, thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
chum chumbler
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
Christmas is a time of giving, even to old estranged friends It could also be a nice little apology to a player who was wrongly accused as a traitor, especially if it seems like they got one of the friendlier exile objectives.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.