René Krause
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there,

anybody tried to integrate the Influence Effect from the nerekhall campaign into the first two campaings?

Perhaps Idea show to?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Curtis Delaney
United States
Friendswood
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think it would be neat if someone figured out how, but they're so directly linked to the functionality of the quests in Shadow of Nerekhall, I think it would take some ground-up quest tinkering to move them over.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It really would require custom quest design- you could make quests similar to those campaigns and incorporate influence, but I don't see how the effects could be integrated to the quests as they are and still preserve balance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Krause
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was the same I thought, blancing and quest design should feel mostly the same, but influance would bring a little "suprise" effect to the open and streamlined quests.

In Nerekhall I'm hiding the influance effects table and sometimes just lay an influance marker in front of me, without having influance effects in the quest, just to confuse the heroes and higher the excitment.

Works !!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Do whatever works for you're group, but they're supposed to know everything about the influence effects except which token you picked.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
René Krause
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I know that they can have a look at the complete questbook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.