Hide
9 Posts

Smash Up» Forums » General

Subject: The 4 best combo for 2 player duels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
an an
msg tools
after much 1v1 play, i have come to a conclusion of the best 4 combos (rules are first to 20vp wins. runner up on base gets the 3rd prize not 2nd) these 4 listed here dun have a specific counter combo as well

time-aliens - spamming the invader while delaying your enemy from scoring bases. the key is to spam 1 vp while preventing invader from getting killed which is easy because 30% of the deck allow you to return the invader to hand

steampunk-bear - not sure how many of u know abt this combo but its surely one of the top 3. insane movement, ability to revive cards like borscht,high ground and lock down ivan on a stupid base to have full invincibility while scoring...a fair deal of defensive counter cards as well

scientist-elder - with elder, u know u must pair with a faction tat allows playing extra minions so to easily draw out elder things or shoggoth. so this combo not only spams enemy with madness but playign extra minions to bring out the big guns, furthermore you can revive the shoggoths, elder, monsters

and the final combo is what i think is the best in the game

robo-plants - sprout and venus man trap allows you to quickly bring out micro alpha and fixer. throw in a micro reclaimer when deck is finishing to reuse alpha and fixer again. this deck has a crazy ability to score bases for free, much better than robo zombies. furthermore there r some good defensive plant cards

the other 4 combos that r worth a mention - zombie-ninjas, robo-zombies, alien-ninjas, steampunk-elder

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
An oldy but goody... Wiz-Bots.

The amount of cards that you can play/draw in one turn is absolutely ridiculous. I've played 9 or 10 cards in one turn. Went from 6 pts to 16.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Solt
United States
Palmerton
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Three that I have found to be powerful enough that they are borderline unenjoyable. (I generally don't enjoy a crushing win. I like to win on the last move. More dramatic that way.)

Robo Geeks
Zombie Ghosts
Mad Scientist Plants

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balazs Puspok
Hungary
Budapest
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Time travel aliens, my all time favorite!

I want to add Mad scientist apes. Cyberback with Über and monkey shield and flying monkey, can crush bases alone in a row.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Radical Rhino
msg tools
Wizard Apes
Wizard Steampunks

Hello there dropping 10+ power in one turn.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
an an
msg tools
Mordus wrote:
An oldy but goody... Wiz-Bots.

The amount of cards that you can play/draw in one turn is absolutely ridiculous. I've played 9 or 10 cards in one turn. Went from 6 pts to 16.

good combo but the lower power of minions and lack of defensive cards meant if im the opponent i would go for pirates for a direct counter, maybe partner with bears for a mobile sausage fest

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
an an
msg tools
scientist apes is also good but i generally dislike apes becos most of the time u need to bring out cyberback and his combo cards and wat if they r all at the bottom of the deck. furthermore if i know u r using apes, i would go for cyberback-counters like ninja's ninja master and alien's minion 5 guy. hell i would even use a ninja-alien combo haha

wizards steampunk excellent combo, a lot of chain combos as you say

ghost zombies is a good one but i will test it more in duels to see if its really up there

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
an an
msg tools
out of the 4 combos i mentioned in the first post, 3 of them r not just superb but very well balanced. only time-aliens is not balanced but strive on a specific combo strategy.

what is balanced?
-enuff high power minions,
-high scoring capabilities,
-good support cards like drawing extra cards/actions, playing extra minions and such,
-several cards that can kill
- defensive cards like destroying actions, not affected by actions and such

a lot of ppl underestimate the defensive cards factor which i think can make or break a game.

take robo plants vs steambears. bears player has high ground laid out and ready t borscht u to win the game. if u had the plants card tat prevents enemy from moving u , u can prevent borscht thus avoiding defeat. its that simple

everything i mentioned here works for a 2 player duel but not sure how relevant it is for more than 2 players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J Dibbles
msg tools
Many good ones have definitely been laid out here. A couple I would like to add (Mostly based on Elder Things):

- Wizard - Time Travelers: Effective overuse of Time Walk and Scry can be overwhelming

- Elder Thing - Zombies: Keep bringing back Elder Thing from the grave at the sacrifice of Tenacious Z's and the like.

- Elder Thing - Shapeshifter: Chances to Mimic Shoggoth's and Elder Thing!?

- Elder Thing - Minions of Cthulhu: Only played it twice but was very overpowering both times that it got banned. Elder Things can bring minions back from grave to top of deck, Minions of Cthulhu can bring actions back from grave to top of deck. Elder Things give tons of Madness Cards. Minions of Cthulhu draw tons of Madness but have Star Spawn minion to give them to other player. Once Star Spawn goes to grave you bring him back. Amount of Madness for your opponent is darn near unconquerable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.