Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This is my first time on BGG, so excuses in advance if this question has come up before, I couldn't find it however.

If Kanga carries the Heart of Angelis and "takes" a wound, does that trigger the Heart of Angelis? Is taking a wound the same as suffering a wound?

I hope my question is clear, English is not my own language.modest

Thanks in advance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dear Harv,
your question is perfectly clear (and I didn't recognize this one as well!)...
As I only own the German version I'm not absolutely able to help here. Usually, "suffering" a wound (as a result of an attack etc.) is not the same as "taking" a wound (as part of an activation cost etc.).
In German, however, Kanga's special ability words "take a wound" - and this is exactly what the Heart of Angelis states to be the trigger condition - great combo!

I'd like some English user to support (or disagree!) my opinion, regarding the original wording...

Best regards and welcome to BGG!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks, Jan, for your quick response. I would really like this to be true, since I still have to play 4 scenario's in our campaign.

I'll play it like this for now, but like you, I'd like a reaction from a English user as well.

Thanks again!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, the Heart of Angelis works with the Wound that Kanga takes voluntarily to not exhaust a card. Very cool combo!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Harv Veerman
Netherlands
Zoetermeer
Zuid-Holland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Thiago, that makes it pretty official I guess

And thank you for a wonderful game, I love the potential combo's it offers. Never a dull moment.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Meyberg
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you, Thiago, for clarifying this topic! I love your great game more and more with every play! (it's one of the very few games our group can play and actually backstab each other without anyone getting too mad on someone else... )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Newbie question, but does Heart of Angelis also heal the wound that triggered the effect?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thiago Aranha
Brazil
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
No, the effect only affects Allies, not the Hero itself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorge Castro
United States
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Loophole Master wrote:
No, the effect only affects Allies, not the Hero itself.

Thanks Thiago! And congrats on a great Blood Rage campaign, it was a perfect first KS project for me.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.