Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cherry Coke
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

I was waiting to pick this up so I could get the game and expansion at the same time, but it seemed the expansion was never in stock anywhere.

I couldn't wait anymore and finally just bought the base game only.

It seems it's a new version and the expansion is included in the base box. The box even says 2-6 players.

This was a nice surprise. Yay me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
It is? Shots? Nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jo Bartok
Germany
Zwingenberg
Hessen
flag msg tools
Interaction leads to Immersion.
badge
Immersion leads to Fun.
mbmbmbmbmb
I did order the expansion directly from the publisher via email/paypal from france btw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cherry Coke
Canada
Winnipeg
Manitoba
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Rulebook cover -- notice the number of players: 2 to 6.

Edit: Also notice Saint Louis on the map in the background.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andreas Jonsson
Sweden
Sköndal
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where did you pick it up? I can't seem to find this for purchase anywhere? Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Birdwise
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I just purchased this game which indicates on the box it is for 2-6 players. I have not played it but hopefully will soon. Here are my reactions to what I received.

All of the cards identified in the rule book were present including the following:
32 City Cards (Boston cards use white text on a yellow background so are extremely difficult to read)
9 character cards(includes the Boss card)
5 Police cards

In addition to the cards there the following pieces:

1 large green marker
1 rule book
11 larger red cubes
4 smaller red cubes
1 red Banish counter (like a flat coin)
11 larger white cubes
4 smaller white cubes
1 white Banish counter
11 larger yellow cubes
4 smaller yellow cubes
1 yellow Banish counter
0 larger blue cubes
3 smaller blue cubes
1 blue Banish counter
0 larger black cubes
3 smaller black cubes
1 black Banish counter
1 score pane tracker

The rule book states that there should be 60 gangster cubes that include 42 expert larger cubes and 18 occasional smaller cubes plus 5 score cubes. It appears to me that there are some missing larger cubes in the box as there were only 33 (3x11) larger cubes in three colours. I think there should be 6 larger black cubes and 6 larger blue cubes, but they were not in my box.

There were 18 smaller cubes with 4 each for Yellow, Red and White but only 3 for Black and Blue.

I will have to contact the manufacturer or distibutor to get the missing parts. Hopefully they will send them to me soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David P
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I do remember from buying just the expansion back in the day that it came with an unexpectedly "off" number of cubes. I think the intention was that you need less cubes when playing with more players / partners, so you could only use certain player colors at higher player counts.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I purchased my copy (base game+expansion included) recently from philibert -it has rules in French, English, Dutch and Greek.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
liyamu nb
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just went to Philibert's site, and the only listing for The Boss I could find looked like the 2-4player version. Is that what you ordered? Have they just not updated the info? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jānis Rudzītis
Latvia
Jūrmala
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
the main description and pictures are from the older version but the player count information is "2 to 6", therefore I suppose that they still sell the newest version. but I can suggest you to write them an email - usually they will answer very soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.