SANDY
Ut
flag msg tools
designer
playtesthub.firebaseapp.com
badge
patreon.com/theTrueMikeBrown
mbmbmbmbmb
I like this community a lot, and really appreciate all of the things that everyone does to make it such a great place. For this reason I decided to try to do something to give back to the community.

Changing the background of all of my prototype card art used to involve opening up a hundred or so files, deleting a layer, and then adding a new layer. This was way annoying, so I wanted a way to make it faster to mass edit cards.

With that need in mind I have created a website that can be used to layout cards for quick prototyping. It is similar in functionality to nanDECK, but it allows the user to generate cards in a declarative fashion and works in a browser.

the website is here.

When using it you make a template JSON file and a deck JSON file and it creates the cards using the template and the deck. You provide images (which you have to make in other programs or download from somewhere or something), font files (for the text), and click generate and it generates the images.

You can generate a zipped collection of the images and download it or just download each image separately.

Here are some scaled down versions of cards that I generated to test the website (the website allows for cards to be generated full size or smaller):

Notice the inner shadow on the text in the robot cards? That was made using html5 canvas and path objects, and is pretty easy to achieve with the website.

I have provided some zipped collections of files that can be used to generate example images. They can be found here.

Also, if anyone wants new features or code access or something like that feel free to post here or PM me.

I hope that this will be useful to people like it was to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nate K
United States
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Very cool, Mike. thumbsup
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.