I admit, my mother tongue neither English, nor German (and I can't speak
a world in Italian), and I have not played the game yet. But I own it
and would like to play correctly.

So, at the setup, it says "no adjacent tiles are showing the same upper
face". It means there can't be, for example, a purle tile adjacent a
purple tile (just the primary face counts), or a purle(green) adjacent
a purple(green) (identical tiles)?

The other question: When I make a war, I select an attacker tile, and
an other, that is attacked. Shouldn't these two tiles be adjacent?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Sorbara
Italy
Venaria Reale
(TO)
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
1st question: the italian rulebook states that no two identical tiles can be adjacent at setup. So it seems that you can have purple/green-purple/yellow, but not purple/green-purple/green. Indeed, I can remember that the guy who teached us UR in Essen said that the tile is identified by its bigger color, being the smaller one a reminder of its back (so that when you pick a tile from the table, you know which color is on its back). So, I guess that you can have adjacent neither purple/green-purple/yellow.

You can have a look at this image (from the publisher), where they setup the game with no similar colors in adjacent places.

2nd question: absolutely. Your reign expansion can happen only in adjacent tiles. (no air-transported troops at the time laugh )

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ákos Tasnádi
Hungary
Budapest
Unspecified
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you very much! Graciam tibi ago! Ooo... gracie?

About my second question: There is nothing about attaking just the adjacent tiles in the English rules, and I'm quite sure there is nothing in the German rules, too.

But it doesn't make sense, so I'm happy with your correction. thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Belyakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
Stop tickling my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Is there an official answer to the first question? Couldn't find it in the FAQ and anywhere else on the site. Are tiles with the same upper face but different back faces considered identical for the following two situations:

1. Setup. Can I have a green-red tile adjacent to a green-yellow tile?
2. War. If I attack a green-red tile from a green-yellow tile, do I have to remove an extra cube, or not?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paolo Mori
Italy
Parma
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
belyakoff wrote:

1. Setup. Can I have a green-red tile adjacent to a green-yellow tile?
2. War. If I attack a green-red tile from a green-yellow tile, do I have to remove an extra cube, or not?

For both the situations above, you have to consider the upper face of the tile. A green-yellow tile with the green side face up is considered a GREEN TILE, and cannot be adjacent (in the setup) to another green tile. The same for war: you just remove extra cubes if you attack a tile with a different upper face. Hope this helps.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander Belyakov
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
badge
Stop tickling my avatar!
mbmbmbmbmb
Pa°L° wrote:
Hope this helps.

It sure does, thanks a lot!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.