Popular Tags: [View All]
Ryan O'Rourke
United States
Tobyhanna
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The freshfsh.doc rules state:

If there is a tie for the highest bid then the player who is closest, in a clockwise direction, to the player whose turn it is wins the bid. If this includes the player whose turn it is, then that player will get the outlet.

The Plenary rules state:

If there is a tie, the tied player closest, in a clockwise direction, to the player who pulled the tile is the winner. The person who pulled the tile does NOT automatically win ties. [This is a change from the original german rules. In testing, we gound this to be an interesting strategic twist.]

So, are the rules found in freshfsh.doc the "original german rules"? I do not see a difference in what is stated between these 2, however, I do not understand what is meant.

From what is said, it sounds like the person who pulled the tile would NEVER win a tie. I do not know why it says the person who pulled the tile does NOT automatically win ties. It should either state the person who pulled the tile does NOT win the tie, or he DOES win the tie.

And how is this different from the original German rules?

Thanks,
Ryan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mik Svellov
Denmark
Copenhagen N
EU
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
facesnorth wrote:

From what is said, it sounds like the person who pulled the tile would NEVER win a tie.

Nobody is closer to the player whose turn it is but himself.

In the German original the player in turn will win all ties, in the US version he will lose all ties.

I have only played with the German rules. With the German rules the player who is drawing a tile will know that he is taking a risk of drawing a tile that he might end up using hilself (whether he wants it or not). In the Plenary rules he can draw a tile and force the next player in seating order to take it (if no-one want's it), which we think is a weird rule.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.