Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The little differences that were added to the kit made a big difference. It seems to make the game visually pop! I did not really think the look of the game was that bad until i saw the upgraded.

This does enhance the look of the game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alison Mandible
United States
Cambridge
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
The little differences that were added to the kit made a big difference. Tt seems to make the game visually pop! I did not really think the look of the game was that bad until i saw the upgraded.

ME TOO. It wasn't a big deal to me until I'd played the upgraded version a few times and then looked at a first-edition set and thought, wow, this looks like a bad print-n-play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Miguel Duran
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are night and day when compared side by side. Pretty shameful effort by Z-Man, especially since the better version is also much cheaper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thom Goodsell
United States
Belmont
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I actually prefer the simpler art from the original, but like the enhanced contrast (and improved component quality) in the upgrade. Given, that I can't have both, I'll be using the upgrade, but I wouldn't have complained if the art had stayed a little more symbolic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
I liked the previous version of token pawns better. Sadly, I cannot keep the old one, since the expansion has only the new design. The board itself is a little bit over the top (I liked the previous one), but still functional and nice, so I'm keeping it. The best visual upgrade was for flares and tasks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam Hillier
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just got mine in the mail last night and switched everything over. What a huge difference! It's beautiful to look at, and it feels so much better. I never actually played the original version, but now I'm excited to play the deluxe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Sigal
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Daybreak wrote:
I just got mine in the mail last night and switched everything over. What a huge difference! It's beautiful to look at, and it feels so much better. I never actually played the original version, but now I'm excited to play the deluxe.

Some stores in Canada have this in-stock? All of my main FLGS have either a) not heard of the upgrade kit, or b) have it on a nebulous "coming soon" list.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
Does anyone know if the CGE version of Tash has an improved rule book?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the upgrade kit didn't have a manual in it, I guess not. But then again, I never felt that something was missing from the manual. It explains the game well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robyn Z
United States
Worcester
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

The rules seem fine to me, What is wrong with the rulebook?!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thomas
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
"Music That Glows In The Dark"
mbmbmbmbmb
shallowz wrote:
LunarSoundDesign wrote:

The rules seem fine to me, What is wrong with the rulebook?!

I downloaded the one from the CGE website to compare. Looks like the only changes are they replaced some of the graphics to reflect the new changes in their edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Gerding
Poland
Łódź
łódzkie
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Before I pitch the old components, does anyone know if there is a reason I should keep them?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Carr
United States
Forestdale
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
"Before I pitch the old components, does anyone know if there is a reason I should keep them?"

If you have four players, you can each play 1-vs-1 with the two sets of cards and boards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zachary Homrighaus
United States
Clarendon Hills
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
celadeyr wrote:
"Before I pitch the old components, does anyone know if there is a reason I should keep them?"

If you have four players, you can each play 1-vs-1 with the two sets of cards and boards.

So I just won Tash Kalar in an auction. The game seems to have 2 sets of tokens and 2 arena boards... is this the upgrade kit? I also have an unpunched Everfrost expansion and the Legendary Summoner promo. Just confused by the tokens that are full color vs. the more icon based tokens and the 2 boards.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sebastian Zarzycki
Poland
Poznań
Wielkopolskie
flag msg tools
spiral out
badge
keep going
mbmbmbmbmb
Most probably, yes. When in doubt, consult this - http://czechgames.com/en/home/news-14-09-24-tk-changes-revea...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.