Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've pulled this back off the shelf to give the rules another go. Snipers/Saboteurs confused me the first few times I went through the book, but after reading more threads, I've think I've got it now.

According to the threads I've seen, snipers/saboteurs that use their actions in the skirmish still stick around for the tiebreak. (They are only discarded in the gathering phase.)

I'm assuming for the sake of consistency that medics that "save" in the skirmish stick around also?

So, if I activate my medic to save someone from a sniper, I still get to count him in the tiebreak, correct?

Thanks very much,

Kevin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
I fight lost wars, see light, fear sight
badge
I open my mind, need flesh, fear mine
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:
So, I've pulled this back off the shelf to give the rules another go. Snipers/Saboteurs confused me the first few times I went through the book, but after reading more threads, I've think I've got it now.

According to the threads I've seen, snipers/saboteurs that use their actions in the skirmish still stick around for the tiebreak. (They are only discarded in the gathering phase.)

I'm assuming for the sake of consistency that medics that "save" in the skirmish stick around also?

So, if I activate my medic to save someone from a sniper, I still get to count him in the tiebreak, correct?

Thanks very much,

Kevin

To save another tribe member card from a sniper attack, Medics can only be played from hand, during the Resource Gathering Phase. Not the Skirmish Phase.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Not the Skirmish Phase.

I thought so too, but I found a thread that said cards put down during the skirmish are considered "in hand." It was a post from the designer himself.

I'll look for it in a bit...I have to take my kid to guitar lesson now.

EDIT:

Here is it:

http://boardgamegeek.com/article/12662135#12662135

Quote:
It can be used during the Skirmish. What you bring to the Skirmish is effectively the same thing as 'your hand'.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good call. I wonder if they're considered used though?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin C.
United States
Bethlehem
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I was thinking "used" in this sense (from the sniper/saboteur FAQ):

http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1052134/complete-faq-about-s...

Quote:
Q. When Snipers/Saboteurs are involved in a skirmish and used for their special effect, do their tribe members still count toward the number of people for breaking ties?
A. Yes, they are not discarded immediately after being used, and still contribute tribe members for the tiebreaker. [Discussion] & [Discussion]

So, I was assuming when the medic uses their "special effect," they get to stick around also.

Kevin
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert K Gabhart
United States
Keller
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
natsean wrote:

Quote:
Q. When Snipers/Saboteurs are involved in a skirmish and used for their special effect, do their tribe members still count toward the number of people for breaking ties?
A. Yes, they are not discarded immediately after being used, and still contribute tribe members for the tiebreaker. [Discussion] & [Discussion]

So, I was assuming when the medic uses their "special effect," they get to stick around also.

Kevin

Correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patty Pilf
Finland
flag msg tools
mb
gabhart wrote:
natsean wrote:

Quote:

Kevin

Correct.

So let me get this right.

If a Medic is killed, due to a sniper, during the resource gathering phase, the Medic is discarded.

If a Tribe Member is killed, due to a sniper, during the Skirmish phase, the Tribe Member is discarded.

But...
If a 'Medic' is killed, due to a sniper, during the Skirmish phase, they remain in play to resolve ties?

Why does the Medic remain, but not the Tribe Member?!?!?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Robinson
England
Rotherham
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
AntandBeeandtheABC wrote:
gabhart wrote:
natsean wrote:

Quote:

Kevin

Correct.

So let me get this right.

If a Medic is killed, due to a sniper, during the resource gathering phase, the Medic is discarded.

If a Tribe Member is killed, due to a sniper, during the Skirmish phase, the Tribe Member is discarded.

But...
If a 'Medic' is killed, due to a sniper, during the Skirmish phase, they remain in play to resolve ties?

Why does the Medic remain, but not the Tribe Member?!?!?

I believe the Medic is not a replacement target that the sniper shoots instead. i.e. he is not a human shield.

Rather the Medic uses his ability or practising skill to prevent the death of the intended target. Be it by bandaging or first aiding a bullet wound or some-such.

So...

During the Resource Gathering Phase:
If a Tribe Member was targeted by a sniper directly, he would be discarded. But a Medic could use his medical skills to save the targeted Tribe Members life, and instead be discarded himself for using his skill.

During the Skirmish Phase:
If a Tribe Member was targeted by a sniper directly, he would be discarded. But a Medic could use his medical skills to save the targeted Tribe Members life, and (even though he used his medical skills) would remain in play for the purpose of breaking ties.

On the other hand, if a Medic was directly targeted by a Sniper, he would be discarded. Unless another Medic came to his help!

I have included the info for medic in my Sniper & Saboteur Guide.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Catley
United Kingdom
Hull
East Yorkshire
flag msg tools
Short answer: if a Medic, Sniper or Saboteur uses their special ability in the skirmish, they still count for resolving ties. If they are killed by a sniper, they do not.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.