Popular Tags: [View All]
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I've only played Midgard a couple of times, but the video of the gameplay and the rules for Blood Rage seem really similar to it. Both were created by Eric Lang. Is this sort of a Midgard 2.0 plus some really cool looking minis and a much nicer looking board? Nothing wrong with that, but I'd love to hear what you guys think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I remember an interview where Eric Lang described Blood Rage as the game that you expect to play when you see Midgard's cover. He mentioned this in regard to the disconnect between the cover and gameplay style of Midgard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bradley Angel
United States
Oklahoma City
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric posted in this thread about that issue:
https://boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/36481/new-game-round-mult...

Quote:
Blood Rage is not "Midgard 2," even though it does share thematic ancestry.

I am proud of Midgard, and still play it, but Blood Rage is in a different weight class; closer to Chaos in the Old World in overall depth and design style.

I consider this game a culmination of my passion for "dudes on a map" strategy games with lots of flavour, high interaction and asymmetrical player development.

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
蓝魔
United Kingdom
Bingham
Nottinghamshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ender Wiggin wrote:
I've only played Midgard a couple of times, but the video of the gameplay and the rules for Blood Rage seem really similar to it. Both were created by Eric Lang. Is this sort of a Midgard 2.0 plus some really cool looking minis and a much nicer looking board? Nothing wrong with that, but I'd love to hear what you guys think.

Yes it is MIDGARD+ with minis as has been discussed in a couple of pre-KS launch threads already I believe. Its certainly the impression I hold.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joel Eddy
United States
Coeur d'Alene
ID
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
On surface, at least, it seems to have a lot in common with Midgard, at the very least a lineage.

Card drafting, points for getting your guys killed (Valhalla + Doom), the Quests seem to be an immediate improvement over the set collection in Midgard. The drafting doesn't restrict your actions in this case, but rather your asymmetrical abilities.

Plus holy cow those minis instead of wooden pawns.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
EnderWizard
United States
Niskayuna
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not having heard of this game prior to the CMON Inc email I received today, I wasn't aware of the prior discussion. Thanks for all the enlightenment, links, and info. I'm now interested! I guess it does sort of look and feel like a mutant super offspring of Chaos in the World and Midgard.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerome Lapointe
Canada
Dorval
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
eekamouse wrote:
On surface, at least, it seems to have a lot in common with Midgard, at the very least a lineage.

Card drafting, points for getting your guys killed (Valhalla + Doom), the Quests seem to be an immediate improvement over the set collection in Midgard. The drafting doesn't restrict your actions in this case, but rather your asymmetrical abilities.

Plus holy cow those minis instead of wooden pawns.

I hope they send you a copy so we get a good review/preview of it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.