Subject: Looking good... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
George Van Voorn
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The week after Essen there is the "spellenspektakel" in Eindhoven, the Netherlands. Phalanx Games has a stand there and this year they had a demonstration of Italia. Owning Britannia, I had already decided to buy the game beforehand (price 45 euros).

Unfortunately I will have to wait until the 5th of December (Dutch Sinterklaas) to open it up, but based on the demo game I can say it looks really interesting. The big difference with Brit is the explicit incorporation of fleet units and the ability to ferry units from one area to another area overseas. Also, there are cities like in HotW that can be looted (and rebuild again). What I like as well is the fact that there is a scenario for three and one for four players. That effectively eliminates the Brit problem of having too few players.

I don't know about play balance yet. Like I said, the 5th of December...

Oetan

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.