Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Christopher McArthur
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mb
Obviously small meteors bounce off lasers, but what about on the sides, where lasers can protect three rows. Do they protect those three rows from small meteors as well?

The rulebook says lasers can shoot down LARGE meteors, so I guess they just can't lock onto the small meteors, and I answered my own question, but wanted to makes sure I didnt miss something.

This came up in our game last night, and lost half my ship to a small meteor, where a large would have just been blown up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
lima_beans wrote:
Obviously small meteors bounce off lasers, but what about on the sides, where lasers can protect three rows. Do they protect those three rows from small meteors as well?

The rulebook says lasers can shoot down LARGE meteors, so I guess they just can't lock onto the small meteors, and I answered my own question, but wanted to makes sure I didnt miss something.

This came up in our game last night, and lost half my ship to a small meteor, where a large would have just been blown up!

You are correct, lasers do not shoot small meteors.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafał Wątorski
Poland
Kraków
flag msg tools
Do you wanna play a game?
badge
We are all prisoners inside the cage of our own flesh.
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, you answered your own question Lasers cannot shot small meteors.

Edit: ninja'd by Benkyo
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Clevidence
United States
Woodburn
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
As I recall, the rulebook makes a comment that you're flying a ship made from sewer pipes and the targeting systems aren't advanced enough to hit small objects. That's how I remember the rule.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christopher McArthur
United States
Santa Monica
California
flag msg tools
mb
Clevider wrote:
As I recall, the rulebook makes a comment that you're flying a ship made from sewer pipes and the targeting systems aren't advanced enough to hit small objects. That's how I remember the rule.

Haha thats exactly what I was looking for. I missed this, but I knew the rulebook probably has some in-lore explanation somewhere that i was missing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.