Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Daniel
United States
Fort Washington
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/06/8d...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's the article on FFG's website:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2015/3/2/join-the...

And here are the Skirmish tournament rules:
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/fa/e2...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Pitner
United States
Plano
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Interesting that core set figure tokens are not legal for use - translation: have to buy the ally/villain pack if you want to use it. Feels weird, but I appreciate that as it's a lot easier to visually see the figure as opposed to the token.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Zach Hillegas
msg tools
mbmb
Is that Magna-Guard lookalike in the tournament rules our first look at a new unit outside of the already announced figure packs?!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brain
United States
Belvidere
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I find it odd that for skirmish tournaments, it is optional to sleeve your deployment cards, but it is mandatory to sleeve your command cards. Anyone know why they would make it a requirement to sleeve command cards?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, they allowed Reach to attack objects while also fixing the Door issue... nice!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brook
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
The first bullet of “Adjacent” on page 4 should read:
“Two spaces that share only an edge that is a wall, blocking
terrain, or a door are not adjacent.”

Not sure I like this rule but understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Fort Washington
MD
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:
I find it odd that for skirmish tournaments, it is optional to sleeve your deployment cards, but it is mandatory to sleeve your command cards. Anyone know why they would make it a requirement to sleeve command cards?

Hmm... maybe since the deployment cards aren't secret/handled really. The command cards are handled way more and secret. Just a thought.

I do like the Magna guard guy also:] maybe he's for a mini expansion!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
jonnyb815 wrote:

Huh? You don't like that you can't shoot through walls and doors?

Let me make it more readable:

(The part about the door was already in the RRG, but under Doors, not under Adjacent.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FAQ wrote:
"the door is considered to be occupying each empty space with which it shares an edge.”

Oops, you don't have LoS if there is a figure in front of the door. So, now you can block LoS to doors with just two figures (or any large-base figure).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh B
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmb
Under the tournament rules, does that mean that in all the regions where FFG refused/can't replace minis, they won't be supporting tournaments? Or just that it will be up to the region distributor?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hladky
Czech Republic
flag msg tools
badge
Working on Perdition's Mouth game content
mbmbmbmbmb
One tiny word (empty) and suddenly the ruling works as common sense tells. Good fix.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Brook
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mb
a1bert wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:

Huh? You don't like that you can't shoot through walls and doors?

Let me make it more readable:

(The part about the door was already in the RRG, but under Doors, not under Adjacent.)

I dont like it because now command cards that could of been useful arent as useful. I like that it helps skirmish missions out.

It changes how you will want to place your guys. Protector and Reach get a small boost though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raf Cordero
United States
Bolingbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
stpitner wrote:
Interesting that core set figure tokens are not legal for use - translation: have to buy the ally/villain pack if you want to use it. Feels weird, but I appreciate that as it's a lot easier to visually see the figure as opposed to the token.

Damn, good catch. That's easy to miss.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kamekkusu wrote:

It is odd, especially since they don't require the sleeves to be opaque/art cards like they do for the SW LCG. I mean the most obvious reason for sleeving the Command deck is that they would have custom cards at some point as tournament prizes, and they need a way to "hide" the print-on-demand cards in the rest of your deck. But since the only sleeves available for those small cards are all clear, that doesn't make any sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, I'm sure this wasn't their intent, but going strictly by the wording in paragraph two of the Army Building section, you can't use Skirmish Upgrades like Balance of the Force.

Tournament Rules
Quote:
Each Command deck must contain exactly 15 cards,
and the total cost of a player’s Command cards cannot
exceed 15 points

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Specific overrides the generic, so Balance of the Force overrides the generic rule of 15 points.

That said, Balance of the Force would've been better worded as: You get a 3-point discount for your Command Card total.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob Davis
United States
Nebraska
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Like I said, I'm sure that was their intention, but it's not how they wrote the rules. The Golden Rule in the Rules Reference booklet specifically states "Card abilities can override the rules listed in this guide." IE the Rules Reference Guide. Nowhere does it say that cards override the Official Skirmish Tournament Rules.

And yes, I'm just being silly.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.