Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Thomas Franke
Germany
Nuremberg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
With reference to BeyondMonopoly's session report from September 25th (which resulted in 1005 - 995):

As a closer of the game evening, Stefan/Felix and Markus/Me sat down for a game of Tichu. Stefan and I are not so experienced players (and until then tended to call Tichu rather seldomly), so we decided not to determine the teams randomly, but to mix "newbies" and more experienced players.

However, I slowly seem to be getting the hang of it, as I called Tichu more often than Markus and won more than half of them

Not the first one, however.
I called Tichu, not recognizing that I had too few high singletons and the Dog to boot. Fortunately, Markus lead a 5-card straight, which I was able to top with my straight in order to gain the lead. Unfortunately, I couldn't take the trick with my second to last card and got stuck with the Dog. And even worse, Stefan/Felix managed a double win.
Score: Stefan/Felix 200 : Markus/Me -100

The second game turned the tide. I called Tichu again (this time having passed the Dog to Markus and gotten back the Dragon, with another two Aces and a straight on my hand). End result: Tichu successful and a double victory, evening out the game.
Score: Stefan/Felix 200 : Markus/Me 200

Then the game went on, back and forth, with some memorable hands, that should be mentioned here:
- several Tichus and counter-Tichus (both won and lost), and even a great Tichu, which was followed by a counter-Tichu (although this time the great-Tichu player managed to win). Unfortunately, I have to admit that it was me, who called the counter-Tichu (with a bomb, some aces and a 'stair' that proved to be not good enough)
- a Tichu lost, but with all the points in the tricks taken resulting in a 0:0-hand
- I called a Tichu and later found out that my partner had both Dragon and Phoenix

Finally, the score was the following:
Score: Stefan/Felix 765 : Markus/Me 935

Felix tried to reach for the victory by calling a great Tichu, which played out successfully for him. But after having counted out the tricks, we were really astonished. Points for tricks were divided 35:65, leading to final result of ...

Score: Stefan/Felix 1000 : Markus/Me 1000

Really, the closest game of Tichu ever. And the first tie I ever witnessed.
Having had a good laugh over the 0:0 hand before, this final result really had us (figuratively) rolling on the floor and gasping for breath.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.