Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am looking at getting an IKEA Kallax shelf (http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/20275885/).

Since I know a lot of users have them for board games, I was wondering, if I buy this shelf and put it on its side, will it hold an 86 pound TV?

Thanks!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Considering it says Max load/shelf: 29 lb it can probably hold 120lb on it's side. The real question is why you have an 86 pound tv.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
carnofago wrote:
Considering it says Max load/shelf: 29 lb it can probably hold 120lb on it's side. The real question is why you have an 86 pound tv.

Hahaha we're taking a hand me down from my in-laws.

I'd much rather buy a new one, but apparently going to Spain this fall is more important than having a TV with more than one HDMI input.

Short answer: I've been overruled.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmb
jobin13 wrote:
carnofago wrote:

I'd much rather buy a new one, but apparently going to Spain this fall is more important than having a TV with more than one HDMI input.

You can buy a 720p TV with HDMI that probably weighs 9lbs for the price of Xia: Legends of a Drift System.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
jflartner
United States
Conshohocken
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MWChapel wrote:
jobin13 wrote:
carnofago wrote:

You can buy a 720p TV with HDMI that probably weighs 9lbs for the price of Xia: Legends of a Drift System.

Yes. That is true.

I could also buy a 70 inch TV that weighs 60 pounds for the price of 40 copies of Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
matt tweedt
United States
flag msg tools
mbmb
As someone who has spent a good portion of his life amassing cheap and inexpensive furniture, including a lot from the IKEA house of crap, I would suggest going to thrift stores and the like. Most of Ikea's stuff is particle board. Find something made of solid wood and you will be 10 times happier.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.