Popular Tags: [View All]
Michael Federkeil
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmb
Hey Everyone

I am really interested in Star Trek: Fleet Captains but would like to try it once before purchasing since its not the cheapest. Are there any places to rent games from in Calgary or anyone willing to rent/lend it out?

Hopefully its okay to post this in this forum...

Cheers,
Mike

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The Sentry Box has a large in house lending library.

You can play them in their large games area. However, you can't take them out.

That is all I can think of. I don't own the game myself.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space is intentionally left empty]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
2d20 wrote:

I thought you could rent them for ~5 bucks for a week and if you want to buy the game afterwards you get a rebate equal to the renting price.

Did that change or am I totally misremembering and this was never a thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
2d20 wrote:

I thought you could rent them for ~5 bucks for a week and if you want to buy the game afterwards you get a rebate equal to the renting price.

Yes, they can be rented to take home or play in store (free of course). I don't know if all the stores do this, but I also heard recently that Myth Games also rents them out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Jackson
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SD40 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
2d20 wrote:

Yes, they can be rented to take home or play in store (free of course). I don't know if all the stores do this, but I also heard recently that Myth Games also rents them out.

Yes, as mentioned we do rent games for $5 a week (with a rebate if you buy a new copy of the rented game). We don't have a store demo copy of Fleet Captains however. But I do have a personal copy that I'd be willing to lend to you. If you let me know when I can bring it in to the store for you. No charge for that, but I might take your cell phone number or something, just in case
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank S
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I stand corrected!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brant Benoit
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greglios wrote:
SD40 wrote:
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
2d20 wrote:

Yes, as mentioned we do rent games for $5 a week (with a rebate if you buy a new copy of the rented game). We don't have a store demo copy of Fleet Captains however. But I do have a personal copy that I'd be willing to lend to you. If you let me know when I can bring it in to the store for you. No charge for that, but I might take your cell phone number or something, just in case

Now that's customer service!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
ParisianDreams
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yup, Sentry Box does rent them out as the above guy said. You can go in and they have a huge print out of all the games they have for rent. I looked at it last fall. Most of the games I owned, or had zero interest in renting.

Myth Games does indeed rent out games and I've rented from them twice now. I forget what it is, it's per night though, not for x amount for a week. When you bring the game(s) back you get 10% off the purchase of the game you rented. You do not have to buy it that day, they keep it in the system, so if at any point your buy it, you get the discount. I found while they have fewer games to rent, the selection of games I was interested in was greater than Sentry box. You can also play them for free in store.

http://www.mythgames.ca/bgrental.html

I see their list has grown since I last rented from them. I think it was relatively new when I first went in to rent a game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shane
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
Train gamer, Euro gamer and War gamer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ParisPink wrote:
Yup, Sentry Box does rent them out as the above guy said. You can go in and they have a huge print out of all the games they have for rent. I looked at it last fall. Most of the games I owned, or had zero interest in renting.

Myth Games does indeed rent out games and I've rented from them twice now. I forget what it is, it's per night though, not for x amount for a week. When you bring the game(s) back you get 10% off the purchase of the game you rented. You do not have to buy it that day, they keep it in the system, so if at any point your buy it, you get the discount. I found while they have fewer games to rent, the selection of games I was interested in was greater than Sentry box. You can also play them for free in store.

http://www.mythgames.ca/bgrental.html

I see their list has grown since I last rented from them. I think it was relatively new when I first went in to rent a game.

And I see on their list that they do have Star Trek: Fleet Captains.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.