Popular Tags: [View All]
Allen Michaels
United States
Glen Ridge
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not a rule question, I swear! whistle

Seriously, I think I'm hitting max level boredom when I find watch entertaining play-throughs of games a decent diversion. Or maybe my gaming group can't get their act together, this is my only outlet?

I've seen Bored With life, and Rodney's...but maybe there are some decent ones on twitch I don't know about? Though, usually, when I stumble on them the audio is terrible and it's a "first play through!" with all kinds of rule errors/checking and basically maybe I wasn't this bored???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Salceda
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mb
I've watched three LP's: Board With Life's, Rodney's (Watch It Played), and TableTop's. The play-through's of BWL and WIP did a good job of showcasing how things work and how the rules really work. With TableTop's play-through, there are some rule violations here and there, but that's mainly because when they play games on TableTop, the focus is on guest interactions and having fun rather than rules-lawyer'ing and whatnot. You can check it out and see if you like them. I still enjoy watching TableTop!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad B
United States
Anderson
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You could just search YouTube for "Dead of Winter" and go from there. But generally, I've found that same as you. After BWL and WiP, the quality level goes way down. At least for this game.

Rahdo does some great quality videos, if you watch the static cam. His handheld.....gulp. But his are two player, so DoW doesn't really fit.

Tim "GreyElephant" Norris does some good videos, though he himself is kinda too excitable and loud for me. Nothing against him personnaly. Also,

Board Game Replay does some pretty decent quality videos. Though their playthroughs are kinda like TableTops in that they have a discussion and cut to parts of the game. They rarely have a full playthrough. Though they do follow the rules much better. And they have a DoW playthrough

I've now discovered I watch too many board game playthroughs....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Favazza
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I really like No Pun Included's reviews (especially their review of Dead of Winter). I wish they did play through videos like Watch It Played...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hernandez
United States
Lancaster
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 to Board Game Replay

Dead of Winter
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.