Popular Tags: [View All]
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, the spell says to discard monsters with total toughness equal or less than test result... If I'm fighting a Dhole (5 toughness) with 3 wounds, do I need 5 successes or 2?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Loke
Canada
Richmond
British Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
BUT MY DREAMS THEY AREN'T AS EMPTY
mbmbmbmbmb
5 successes, as Toughness never changes. You simply defeat it if the number of wounds is equal to Toughness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calvin chow
United States
seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks... Played it wrong, but didn't really matter since Cthulhu devoured everyone...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fleury
United States
Readfield
Maine
flag msg tools
mbmb
calvinc71 wrote:
So, the spell says to discard monsters with total toughness equal or less than test result... If I'm fighting a Dhole (5 toughness) with 3 wounds, do I need 5 successes or 2?

It helps to think of toughness and damage as two different things.

Toughness is the monster's maximum health rating. This number will never change unless there is an effect that does so(for example a spell that lowers the monster's toughness rating by 2).

Damage is how far the monster's health has dropped from its maximum health rating (toughness) and is represented by the number of damage markers that have been placed on the monster token after a combat round.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.