Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Matthew Naikelis
United States
Lyndhurst
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Our groups first play last night and of course a couple issues came up that I think I resolved with some research after the fact but the one I can't find anything on is what is the order of things happening during the resolution phase as far as rewards and compensation.

One player as the defender won the battle due to playing an attack card as the offense played a negotiate. The defender had a flare card that allowed him to look at all cards that are picked up from the deck but he would lose this card due to compensation. He wasn't sure if he was allowed to play that to look at all the defender ally reward cards BEFORE that card was taken by compensation.

So the issue was, what order does this occur in. We used the tie break rules for timing in the rules that state its offense, defense, then all other players clockwise starting from the offense's left. So the offense would take his compensation first, then the defender, who had no cards would not be allowed to use that flare. Not sure if this was the correct way to do it or if there is a specific order to the resolution phase.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Homer Simpson
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Compensation comes first. Offense, Defense and then other players. Time rule conflict.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jordan S.
United States
Plano
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As Homer said, when all else fails, follow the timing sequence: Offense then Defense then other players clockwise from Offense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.